Funny pain

lmwarr

Reaction score
I have not twisted or got up quickly but I went to the loo and got some pains in my tummy then I stood up and now i get shooting pains in my hip and bottom of tummy. What is it? It does not hurt as much when i sit down.

I get this all the time..
my midwife told me it was this..
Round ligament pain is generally a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting, dull ache that you may feel on one or both sides of your lower abdomen or deep in your groin, usually starting in your second trimester. It happens when the ligaments that support your uterus in your pelvis stretch and thicken to accommodate and support its growing size. You may feel a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting up from a bed or chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. Or you may feel a dull ache after a particularly active day, if you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity. Call your caregiver if this discomfort continues even after you've rested.

Hope that is some help..if you are worried..call your midwife or doctor

Wow your great! thanks for that i will see how it goes. x

I hope you start to feel ok soon.
I am fine untill i go to stand up! :roll:
So i have an excuse to stay sat down all day :wink:
Let me know how it goes..pm me if you need/want to chat :D

i get this too. eblinx you're a star with that information hunny! :clap:

Hi everyone! Quick question how does one then know the difference between ligament pains and braxton hicks contractions? As I tend to get a really heafty dull sort of cramping pain when I go for walks, these pains can generally go on for a good few minutes and really have me bending over. Over the past week they seem to have gotten worse (now 24 weeks and 3 days)?
Any suggestions??
Ta Daggers :moon:

As your pregnancy progresses, Braxton Hicks contractions tend to come somewhat more often, but until you get to your last few weeks, they should remain infrequent, irregular, and essentially painless. Sometimes, though, Braxton Hicks are hard to distinguish from early signs of preterm labor. Play it safe and don't try to make the diagnosis yourself. If you haven't hit 37 weeks yet and you're having four or more contractions in an hour, or have any other signs of preterm labor, call your caregiver immediately.

hope this helps..i have never had them so i couldnt advise yet. :(

Cheers, thankfully the contractions / pains don't occur all the time maybe once a day and that's generally if I'm walking for more than 10 - 15 mins, which is a pain as I feel I therefore need to stop doing my walking which is presently my main means of keeping fit (that's what you want to call it!).

Imwarr, I'm glad you bought this up because today I have been having these pains and the last few days my stomache really hurts low down at the sides. I feel better knowing its normal :D

I had to ask my midwife because they had been driving me crazy :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back