Help! Really struggling feeding 9 month old daughter!

Mrs P

Reaction score
Hello,

My 9 month old daughter had been on solids since 4 months and for a couple of days ive really struggled to get food down her, she has been eating slightly lumpy food for 2 months. She has started blowing raspberries and spitting the food back out. She thinks its a game and when i say no she just laughs at me, it gets me really angry :x
She eats really well at nursery then when i try feeding her home cooked food she pulls a face and only has a mouthfull. She eats fruit and veg purees well but usually projectile vomits :puke: :puke: if i try chicken or fish :(

HELP ME!

:wall: Amy

Hi hun i've got a 9 month old too who is an absolute pain at meal times. He'll eat yoghurts, puddings and mostly all finger foods but meals are a nightmare. He still spits lumps out but he manages the pasta dishes ok at they are alot easier to swallow.

The only way i can get a meal down him (not usually anymore than 1/2 7month + jar followed by pud like a yoghurt) is to give him something to play with. Have to swap toys around so he doesn't get too bored but it seems to do the trick. He will rarely eat a meal without having something to hold it's such a pain!!!!

Hope this helps, let me know :D

Will she feed herself, i.e. finger foods like toast, veggies, mini sarnies etc?

Kina said:
Will she feed herself, i.e. finger foods like toast, veggies, mini sarnies etc?

i was going to suggest that. alice has always fed herself, but sometimes i would be able to feed her the odd bit here and there. Now she doesn't have any of it.

WOW Babyj! You have just described exactly how mealtimes are here! :rotfl: Dreading them coz she spits out lumps of veg but will eat pasta!

And the half a jar business. Im so glad im not alone. I think ill try the toy thing, she likes sitting her highchair with some toys to bang on the table!

Hi Kina and sam&alice, i was wondering how to make the step forward from lumpy mush in jars to proper sarnies and stuff, was a bit scared to make such a big step! :lol:

She does sometimes have sticks of cheese and toast between meals but rarely eat much of it.

What did you do...start with one finger food meal a day and the rest mashed veg and stuff, then step it up to more meals as she gets used to it?

Thanks for your advice

Amy :D

Im not sure how to go from mush to lumps as alice has only ever fed herself (have a peek at the baby led weening for some ideas!).

when alice started (at 6 months) it was more play than anything. She never really seemed to need the extra to start with. i would just pop loads of bits and pieces in front of her and let her get on with it. Have a beaker with some water handy, and try not to panic if she gags. its all a learning process for them.

you could give her some food to feed herself with and still slip the odd spoon full in whilst she is feeding herself.

my best tip is, if you want her to eat something..... take it off your plate!!! sometimes alice will turn her nose up at her food, but eat mine - even if it is the same thing :roll: :lol:

Ellie didn't like lumpy food at that age. She then suddenly switched to wanting normal food and completely refusing puree food. Might be worth trying to give her normal food rather than just lumpy food?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back