Help.... Iv lost my patience

That is brilliant news Mel :dance: - glad you finally got some sense out of someone! and it sounds like you really do have a clever little girl - must be similar to Heidi like that!! :wink: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you dont mind me asking - what colour was her Poo? cos Heidi's is green (like a deep mossy colour) and I am wondering if, like Maheen, that is because of the virus she had?

Dont forget to let us know what the result of the eye swab is (I'm sure it will be ok)

Also her eyes have been red and swollen - they must have / did have the same thing??! :shock: When we gave Heidi Calpol - she slept through too! :D :D :D :D

Lucy - never got to see the doctors (told you they were useless!) I went to the chemist first - will PM you rather than type it twice!!

I'm getting Heidi weighed tommorow when I go baby clinic. It will be interesting to see what she weighs as last time (weeks ago) she was 9 pound and 9 ounces!

L x

Hi Lisa,

Well, i've just read your other post about the chemist, etc...I can only sympathise with you! About the chemist, well, i don't have a very good experience of them either! twice during my preganncy I was given some stuff to take, and twice this chemist kind of refused to give it to me, saying it's not safe for pregant women!!! :shock: so, I called my GP (same one as above) and he reassured me, and I finally took the medicine from another pharmacy and never got a problem! I was stressed enough during pregnancy, did not need a silly chemist to add on to that!
Anyway, Maheen's poo was grass green (if you can picture that!!! don't want to take a picture of it!!! Lol) and quite runny. It is getting better but still a bit green. Your Heidi most probably has this from the viral infection, I just kept on giving 20ml of water 2hours inbetween milk feeds, and it helped.
For the eye swab, i'll have to give them a ring on Monday, as they never update me n the results!!! But I guess if it was really a concern, they would ring me! :think:

I've just posted somewhere else about a trick to make babies sleep better,...got that this morning from my mother and baby group!
and ...for the moemnt, it is working!!!! :shock: :dance: :shock: Maheen has been sleeping for 30 minutes, without waking up!
so here it goes: take a blanket or a long towel, and roll it from its longest side, and put in aound your baby, reproducing the head rest they have on the carseats, or trolleys. It helps them feel more secure, and its safe, it does not touch them, it's just aound them.
I've taken a picture, can post it if you don't see what I mean!
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it's magic!!! :clap:
Maheen , in a grobag (not swaddled), sfast asleep in her cot during the day!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: touch wood for it to continue! :roll:

Duds, how did it go with the cranial therapy? let us know!!! :)

Sending <<<hugs>>> to all your LO.
Take care, mums
mel xx

Ahh poor Maheen Mel, she's been through the mill a bit, hope she's feeling better...?
Sounds like a good idea about the sleeping thing :dance:

Well, I feel like a bit like iv had a mini breakdown this week its been so up and down, things were really getting on top of me but Im feeling better about everything now and more positive.
The cranial treatment was an experience... :think: I didnt realize they dont touch the baby :think:
She was a nice lady and it made sense what she was saying but I cant understand how they can treat without manipulation....
She said it went really well and Aimee's body responded well & she released the trauma.
It took about an hour, was very strange as she treated Aimee through me as apprantly they feel the same emotions as you as they have been sharing for 9months. until they are about 2 yrs old before they develop there own emotions/body feelings.
Aimee was very drawn to her & didnt take her eyes of her, she was babbling away to her then started crying (which is apprantly normal) then fell asleep.
Anyway, she said she was drawn to her head and tummy as problems and some of her reactions is because shes feeling nauseous. She is seeing her next week also but thats all she will need I think.
She said all newborn babies should have cranial treatment as every labour is traumatic.
She did say it could take up to 3 days to work but I should notice a difference & she will prob sleep alot & not to wake her (this didnt happen)
She cried badly that night but since has slept through the night (3 nights!) :dance: :dance: this is a first
She does seem happier & her tummy doesnt seem to be bothering her so much.
Dont know if it is just a coincidence, its too early to tell but will let you know!
Lisa - maybe you shoudl give it a go too?
x

They don't touch them?

I have an idea in my head it was like a head massage or something :lol:

urchin said:
They don't touch them?

I have an idea in my head it was like a head massage or something :lol:

I know me too !!! I was pretty shocked when she told me. Apprantly they do have ones that touch them too.

My hubbie calls her the witch doc & doesnt believe in it at all, be nice to prove him wrong ! :wink:

Sounds like you got on really well, Duds. I took my daugther to Cranio and it was successful. It is really weird that they don't touch. Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that to you.

I am considering taking Oscar soon. I should have done it earlier, but I kept on putting it off.
I find it a remarkable therapy and one I would definitely promote - I just feel comfortable with it.

Enjoy your lie-ins..... he he :D :D
Emilia xx

[
Ooo EEE OOO AH-AH Ching chang walla walla bing bang!

Sorry :oops:[/quote]

You been watching Greece ?!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Emilia, im going to stick with it still & see how the next week is.x

that's great, Duds, for the sleeping through! I am sure it has helped :)

When I went for me, 2 years ago, the lady was touching my head, but I could not feel her doing any movement! but she could feel that I had a massive headache, which I had and had not said anything to her. At the end of the session, my headache was completely gone, and never came backQ (I was suffering from chronic headaches, so I can defo say it was due to her)
Can I ask, is it under the NHS orare you paying privately?
Sorry if it's a bit personal, it's just at the moemnt, I only know private and it would be great if it could be paid by NHS...I think our LO deserve it!

Hope everything keep on getting better! and BTW, I'm happy you're feeling better youself! (she did treat both of you then! :wink: )

Take care,
Mel xx

mmmm i thought it would be some sort of head manipulation too :?

URCHIN! that song will be stuck in my head for days now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lol

HI everyone

sorry not replied sooner. Not been able to get on here much what with Heidi not being too great at all at the moment.

Maybe I should give this a go?!

L x

Hi ya,

Yes Lisa, give it a go if your still havin probs? Hows the little pixie doing?

Aimee had her second treatment today & she told me her body was alot calmer and couldnt find much "trauma" left then all hell broke loose and Aimee cried like never before for about half hour. It was quite upsetting, she was really distressed.
Im still not sure why she was crying so much, she said she was fighting the treatment because they dont know whats going on & all babies know is they have to survive... :think:
She also asked if I was having tummy probs which is strange as I am & she might be picking up my energy & feel some of the pain...

I was there for 2 hours instead of the half hour I had paid for... she was very uncomftable this eveing and crying alot but she said she could be like that as the body needs to go back to normal and things to move back to their origanal place.

Anyone else had any simular experiences ? I find it all hard to get my head around
x

Hi Duds

Heidi seems a bit better again today so I am wondering if it was the injections after all?? She is still very gripy though so I am wondering if she has access acid?! Will just carry on keeping my eye on it.

Wow that does sound strange - they do say that babies pick up a lot of moods and stuff from their mums ! weired isnt it.

Let us know how she gets on tommorow

L x

hmmm, makes me wonder now!!
Maheen is supposed to go to cranial therapy this coming saturday, but apart from eczema, she is fine now...sleeping usually till 06:00 at least, feeding well, and winding well, ...she is still very grumpy in the evenings (last night she screamed for nearly an hour!!! And why?? I don't know! :shock: ) so I don't really want her to get all upset ith the therapy! :think:
When I booked the appointment, she wasn't particularly well, but now, things got settled! what do you think?
It was great for me, but these little ones can take time to adjust to life, so I am not sure anymore! :?
Duds, don't know about YOUR tummy ache, but I can defo tell that Maheen takes on my mood! Last night, I was very annoyed with myself because I just can't take a simple decision about my cloakroom tiling :doh: (see off-topic) and just kept on and on about it...and that's when Maheen was screaming the hell out of her!

Lisa, it could be the injections, you know! Maheen took a real while to get over it! And now, she's got eczema to fight! poor little flower! :cry:

Duds, let us know how Aimee is doing!
Lisa, is Heidi having a dummy? they say it helps them with acid

Take care,
Mel xx

Melhoney - I would def still go, it wont do any harm honest & if she has a bad patch again your gonna think if only you gave it a try.
Im doing it so then I can say Iv tried everything. They all respond differently, it depends on their character & what the prob is.
It does feel like you are putting them through un necessary discomfort and upsetting them but it doesnt actually hurt them as they are not being touched. you may find that Maheen may not even cry at all.
Let me know how it goes/what you decide to do

Lisa - It could well be the injections, Aimee was bad for a good day after hers. I would still maybe think about it tho as they can sort colic/reflux/tumyy probs etc - apprantly (also i want to know what other people think of it!)

Well im still waiting for an improvement today, she has been quite unhappy & quiet but it could be the weather.
The therapist also said it might take a couple of days to settle as everything in her body needs to calm down and go back to it's orig place.

One thing I will say though is her head shape has def changed like she said it would ! :? spooky.....
She had a really flat back of her head where she was squashed in the cervix & the ventouse gave it a odd shape.
x

You are right, Duds, I have waited 3 weeks for this appointment, so I might as well go for it! And she will be able to tell me if there is need of extra sessions or not!
I'll let you know how it all goes. it's on Saturday, 12:00.

Maheen has not been herself for 2 consecutive evenings. She still goes off to sleep fine, once we put her in her cot at the right time, but gosh, from 6:00pm till )8:30pm, she screams like Hell! And it's really screaming, not just crying! Yesterday, DH told her off and shouted at her and put her in her bouncer to let her cry on her own, thinking she'll calm down, she is just fussing...well, she did not stop till I went to pick her up! :shock:
Today, she has been screaming as soon as I put her in the bouncer... :think: and refused to take her feed with DH!!!!! I never thought babies could have such a good memory!
It's really bad though, coz DH was only trying to make her understand the rules of "no fuss in this house", which she usually responds well to, but yesterday and today, she has completely refused to be anywhere near him!!!
And I can see he is upset! coz he kind of forced himself to be harsh on her! He loves her to bits! I don't know what to do! should I let him handle Maheen and let it be, or should I come and comfort her! But then, it makes DH feel bad again!
grrrrrrrr, it's never ending is it!!!! :wall:

Take care, and Duds, let us know when Aimee gets all the benefits of the therapy! :)
Mel xx

Mel - how did the cranial therapy go??! Hope it worked for you!

I think Heidi has excema - her skin is dry and very red in patches. D/H is going to get some E45 tommorow as the Oiltum isnt working. What do you use?

L x

Aimee had a bit of excema around her nose and eyebrows at about the same age as Heidi, I used the thick johnsons moisturiser cream but E45 will prob do the trick also. It tends to dissapear but if it doesnt take her to doc as it does seem to spread.

Still not sure about the cranial thing, Aimee is much better but I cant help thinking if its just a coincidence. I think it has helped.... :think: but she is still being sick alot so had to up her medication to see if improves. I do think she isnt going to be able to cure her reflux.
Im going back for 1 more appt tomorrow then drawing the line there.

Mel - Desperate to know how it went?!!

sorry girls, I have been very busy this weekend, with the cranial theraphy appointment, the makeover of our cloakroom, and a friend who cam to stay with us over the weekend
And today, I am sick!!! indigestion! I have eaten too many dry roasted peanuts!!!! and it did not agree with me!!!!!!! :shakehead: :wall:

I can hardly stand up, DH has brought everything in the bedroom
I don't know if Maheen feels it, but she has been such a sweetie so far!!! she woke up at 5:15 (first night in grobag, so it's pretty good!!!! :dance: ) and then went back to sleep till 09:00!!! which is 1 hour more than usual! :clap:

Anyway, The cranial therapy was nice, I strill have to go 1 or 2 more times. She checked her and said there was not much work to do, just that she has some tension on the neck and forehead because she was squashed inside me and during labour. WHICH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Her head was to much at the back and was stuck for some time, and kept on coming and going!!
Also she said she must have had her head stuck in one position for a long time, and she asked me if she had been engaged for a long time, and well, yes, nearly 1 month!!! again spot on! :shock:
According to her, that's why she sleeps better swaddled!!!!
She thinks her colics come from that as well. Otherwise she said she is a very healthy baby, no problem in the back, or elsewhere :D

It was so funny there! While I was answering her questions, at the beginning of the appt, Maheen kept on commenting on what I was saying!
She did a big burp after she touched her (BTW, she did touch her, she checked her whole body!)
Maheen was a real star!!!!!!! :D
She said she might be sleepy and yes, she slept all afternoon! :shock:

I am going again on the 20th may, which is 2 days after her 2nd jabs, and she said hat could not be better as she could help her go through it!

I can't think of anything else to say for the moment, but my mind is very blurry! I hve this huge nausea feeling which doesn't go! woke up at 4:30 to empty my overloaded stomach!!! it woke my DH! :oops:

except yesterday, We were in a tile shop and the guy there said I was clever (with my plan on tiling!!!) and Maheen LAUGHED then!!!! she really laughed, not just smiled!!! but she was sleeping! that was too funny!
And this morning, she said something which sounded like "maman"" :dance: :dance: :dance:
(hehehe, am trying to cheer up! :wink: )

and what about your little ones, then? any change?

Lisa, for eczema, I have been prescribed (finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!) oilatum to put in bath, aqeous cream to use as a soap substitute, and hydrocortisone cream to use only on the worse patches and only for not longer than 4 days in a raw!
It has helped, but she still has rashes and yea, it does increase, so get something to tackle it now!!!
Hope this helps!
Mel xx

Sounds like it was well worth going!! :D

D/H has bought some E45 today so going to give that a whirl. Dont want to tempt fate but she doenst seem too bothered - but it is quite patchy and is quite warm to the touch!!?? So will put some on her tommorow and see how we go with it.

I have the oiltum cream but it hasnt done anything - or has the johnsons cream so hoping E45 will!

Aside from all that hope you are well and the makeover of the cloakroom went well!!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back