help i'm in pieces!

trixipaws

Reaction score
hi everyone! i'm hoping someone can ease my worries. i am exactly seven weeks into my first pregnancy; it was unplanned but now i am thrilled! i only found out 7 days ago, but four days before that i went out and took 2 grammes of speed, and also did teeth-bleaching which hurt so i also had codeine and sleeping tablets to ease the pain. i know i shouldnt take drugs anyway, and i wouldnt dream of taking anything now i know,so please no-one have a go at me cause i feel bad enough! i'd be devastated now to lose the baby; if that was goin to happen would i have had symptoms by now? i'm stressing myself out over this!

Hi,

First thing, calm down, the more you worry and get stressed out the worse you'll become.

People lose their babes for many different reasons, at least you have had the sence to realise what harm you may have done had you continued and have had the sence to do no more :clap:

Book a doctors appointment if you haven't already and be open and honest with him/her.

We all worry if our babes will be ok until we see the first scan.

Congrats on you BFP. :hug:

Hiya and welcome!

I agree with oldermum, talk to your doctor or a midwife about your concerns, but try not to worry too much, fingers crossed everything will be fine!

Dont beat yourself up about it. You didnt consiously (sp) do it while you knew your were pg and you werent trying for a baby. You stopped when you knew and thats what counts.

If, god forbid, something happened to the baby I doubt very much that it would have anything to do with what you took. These sad things happen to the most carefull of people.

Till you are spewing you guts up and putting on a bit of weight its so easy to think 'am i pg, i dont feel or look it'. Then the sickness kicks in and you know :wink:

pm me if you need a chat or are worried. All the girls here are sooooo good at listening and giving advice so if you are worried, just ask!

:hug: :hug:

helloo and welcome :cheer:

don't worry too much, it wasnt ideal that you did that but you didnt know, altho not completely the same with my first i was nearly 16 wks when i found out i was expecting and i was drinking really heavily almost everyday as we were celebrating xmas n new yr, luckily my son was fine as im sure yours will be :hug:

Hello doll,
I agree with older mum too, you can't change the past but you can get reassurance that your baby is doing fine... talk with your GP ask for a referral to the EPU, they will give you a scan and let you see little bean and hear the little heartbeat. You are doing the right things now! and thats what matter, Don't beat yourself up or worry.... you can not change the past like i said but you can make positive choices for both your futures now... you seem to be a lovely caring lady and i wish you well :hug: :hug: Lv Yvonne xx

I agree with the above comments. You have probably checked with the docs by now, but if you are waiting, don't get stressed. Oldermum is right. Worry only makes things worse, and is not good for bubbly at any stage of pregnancy. Plus things like minimising stress and time management during pregnancy will help when you actually become a Mum.

Good luck, and congratulations.

I'd ask how the father feels, but that is not my place. Make sure you have a support from somewhere anyway.

hi and welcome :wave: i think everyone above has covered everything i would just like to say nobody here would have a go at you we are not here for that we are all here for support advice and to make friends to chat to in the same situation as us :D we dont judge anyone :D
welcome again and hope you enjoy the forum xxxx

Hi hun, I am not going to say anything else other than I was on an all inclusive holiday drinking 24-7 came home and I found out I was 10 weeks pg. I was stressing out big time thinking I had damaged my unborn baby, I hadn't. I had a happy, healthy (wee bit crazy :rotfl: ) little girl.

Defo go see the Dr tho to put ur mind at ease. :hug:

i am nine weeks now, and i'm feeling better, i've seen my GP and been re-assured. i'm being really good and clean-living now- not even putting salt on my food and i've given up caffeine (i used to drink several cups of tea and about a litre of cherry coke every day!)
thanx for all ur support and reassurance u guys, and 4 making me feel welcome!
maybe in a few months i'll be able to post some advice to newbies!
:hug:

Hiya :wave:

I've only just read your original post :oops: sorry i'm crap! i'M GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK WITH YOU & YOUR LITTLE ONE. i WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT WE'RE NOT HERE TO JUDGE ANYONE (oops caps locks on again grrr!) and we're all here to provide help & support.
If you need anything at all, just ask hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back