Help!! - I *think* I got my first +ve OPK!

Reaction score
Unfortunately Im not able to post a pic for you lovely ladies to confirm for me, but Im pretty certain.

I stopped taking the pill about 3 weeks ago - was going to start a new pack but having heard so many stories thought it best to at least start seeing what happened, ie would periods come back etc?

Had withdrawal bleed and was expecting to just wait ages for next period but got pains that felt like OV pains used to and had some OPK's that a friend gave me that are due to expire next month anyway, so tested - cheapy ones didnt show anything but the boots one that looks like a pregnancy test has come up with a line thats just as dark as the control.

Now this may sound stupid, but could it be wrong? Im new to this so finding it all a bit hard to believe.

Am also worried about BDing as I havent been taking folic acid yet and as I havent had even a proper period yet Im worried that if we did get pregnant I'd have a mc, as have also been taking medication for 6 years previously (up until 2 months ago) that also can contribute to high incidence of mc.

Last minute fears seem to be a habit of mine tho... when DH proposed I had 3 seconds of "oh my god nooo" before I squealed YES. I havent wanted anything so much and am so ready, but think now Im faced with the fact this could perhaps happen sometime this year maybe I'm thinking of putting it off to aim for some sort of perfection. Anyone ever felt anything similar?

sounds like a positive to me...what date was the 1st day of your last period?

i have panic attacks all the time of actually getting pregnant...i want it, but then the next minute i panic when there is a posibilty i could actually be....so don't worry, you're not alone there xx

Hi samsgirl

Annoyed as cant remember exactly when last period was cos like I say at the time I was still thinking of taking next pill packet. Think it was around the 20th Dec.

So do you think it's possible I could be ovulating so late after withdrawal bleed without having a "true" period in between?

if you had 1st day 20th dec, you are about cycle day 26 now.....so you could be havin a long cycle with it being your first month off the pill.......

i normally ovulate day 12th ish and then have a 28 day cycle...but i been off the pill now since september

xx

Does a +ve OPK definately mean I've ovulated? I guess its all a step in the right direction, its nice to know pregnancy is actually more of a posibility. I guess the next step, if not getting pregnant is getting to the point where I know my cycle like you.

Do you ever feel ovulation? I'd completely forgotten I could feel it as been on pill for 5 years.

oh yes...i def feel it. i know exactly when i am ovulating...the positive result means you are getting your LH surge and it's this surge that releases the egg. so after your positive surge your normally release egg about 24 hours after

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back