• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help girls re: hair!!!!!

MissGobby

Reaction score
well long story short, i had my hair coloured at a hairdressers last year (around August!). i had been going there a while and paid £62+ for my hair doing, i decided i wanted to go a darker (had blonde streaks on top and brown underneath) so she did so, she said if it was too dark, i could come back and she would put a few more blonde streaks in it. i did decide it was too dark so went back and she said she would put a FEW more blonde streaks in, well when she had done it (she used bleach and i didnt know otherwise i would NEVER have had it done!) she dryed it with the dye still on with a hairdryer :shock: (which i know now you are NEVER supposed to do!!!) when she had finished, washed and dried the whole top of my head was a white/blonde colour, it looked awful, anyways i went home and cried to my bloke and phoned another hair dressers for the day after- there was no way i could go outside with THAT hairstyle!!!

anyway the next morning, i noticed lots and lots of small pieces of hair stuck on top of my head, standing upright, and, well to cut a long story short, it is still like that now, every morning i have to put lots and lots of hairspray on it to keep the hairs down and it looks awful, its starting to really get me down, so....

i was wondering whether anyone had had a problem like this and if they did anything to help the hair get back to normal?????

please help me!!!!!

thanks girls! xxx

Sounds like the bleach was too strong for your hair and it's broken it. This happened to me and I just got frizz control serum to hold that wee bits down

Mines all broken at the front cos thats the bit I straighten the most. I just use hairspray and it seems to do the trick :hug:

SarahH said:
Sounds like the bleach was too strong for your hair and it's broken it. This happened to me and I just got frizz control serum to hold that wee bits down
there are LOADS of broken bits of hair though and i mean loads it looks awful - what kind of serum did you use and where from and also, how long did it take your hair to get back to normal? :think:

a few years ago i dyded my hair blonde and did for a year or 2, by myself, then i put black on top, then blonde and then brown again lol
my hair has been every colour under the sun because of this,
my hair sounds the same as urs, its beginning to get better now ive not dyed it for about a year and my natural hair has come through,
i say it will probably take a few years if you leave it alone and dont dye it

i need to dye it though and iu straighten it every day bcoz my hair is sooo awful if i dont and i cannot put it up coz that looks even worse lol help!!! :x

no but i go to a hairdressers and they have obviously seen it and never said anything?!

thats why i just wondered if anyone had used anything coz i cannot be the only one to have had this happen to them!

That's awful, u hairdressers will (if u complain) put it right for free. If u weren't told they were putting bleach on ur hair that's their mistake not urs.

Also , blowdrying with colour still in just sounds like they were rushing u out which is bad hairdressing, how long ago was this, u really should complain.

Marymary said:
That's awful, u hairdressers will (if u complain) put it right for free. If u weren't told they were putting bleach on ur hair that's their mistake not urs.

Also , blowdrying with colour still in just sounds like they were rushing u out which is bad hairdressing, how long ago was this, u really should complain.
i know, DF told me to complain but i was too scared and embarrased, i know now i should have, it happened in August last year - too long ago now ehh?! :roll:

anyone here work as a hairdresser and know what to do?!

MissGobby said:
SarahH said:
there are LOADS of broken bits of hair though and i mean loads it looks awful - what kind of serum did you use and where from and also, how long did it take your hair to get back to normal? :think:

I actually mix 2 together as it works fab!! I use Redkin Anifrizz and Boots own!

I always have broken bits at the front from straightening as I have a huge boufount (sp?) hairdo if I leave it naturally!!

I'd go back to the hairdresser and complain tho!! If they did it they should fix it or at least give you the products for free!

I asked a friend who's a hair dresser and she said that when you put bleach on your hair unless you use a special conditioner the bleach will just carry on working as its not like putting a colour on your hair when it says "leave on for 45 mins" thats usually cos they stop working after that time so with a dye you could leave it on for 2 hours but after the norm 45 mins you hair won't change anymore in colour. A Bleach needs something to make it stop working and depending on what sort of blond you are wanting depends on what sort or powder they need to make up.

They have either left it on too long or not use the conditioner that stops it working or BOTH, either way there isn't a right lot you can do about the broken ends apart from wait for your hair to grow.

Tips for the future for everyone, a good hair dresser will ALWAYS do a skin test a few days to a week before you want your hair dying, this is to see if you have any sort of reaction to the chemicals they are using, All hair dressers (even those who just rent chairs) should have some sort of public liability insurance to cover them for when they stuff things up

thanks Hedgey - that helps!!! it doesnt seem to be growing though and this happened in August last year!!! i straighten my hair every day BUT i dont straighten anywhere near the top (where all the broken strands are!) so i cant understand why it isnt starting to grow back yet?!?

are there any shampoos/conditioners/products i can use to try and help repair?!? :think:

hun if you go to boots or superdrug the do shampoos/conditioners called Aussie, get the shampoo/conditioners then get a conditioning treatment (they do those too) use conditioning treatment once a week, it says three minutes but leave it on whilst you watch corrie or something, also you can get something called BedHed serum from most hairdressers, just put a wee bit on every morning hairspray isnt good for your hair, these bits have been broken by the bleacha d are more corse which means they grabbed the colour that went over it, hairspray will clog up the cuticles when you need them to breath and get healthy, when your hair starts to be a bit better then use the conditioning treatmnent once a fornight, HTH! :hug:

awww miss Gobby, i feel for you hun coz i over the years have had soooo many hair dissasters to name.
about 11 yrs ago this happened to me, i had lovely highlights but couldn't afford to keep paying to get them done proffesionally so thought i could do them myself :roll: anyway cut a long story short, the roots of my hair went red where the stuff used was tint & not bleach.

so went to a hairdressers & they said the only thing they could do was to bleach the whole lot :shock: so i ended up looking awful with this white hair.

to grow out the bleach look back to streaks was a long process, i had to get 2 inches of regrowth & the have the roots streaked & gradually it all became streaks.

go back to the hairdressers & get some advise hun, if you have someone doing your hair now & they haven't mentioned that you have broken bits then i'd be a bit worried?
good luck hun, :hug:

most ppl's hair grows at a good rate but if they have put the bleach on at the root it might have damage the root too, While you was waiting did any part of your head feel warm or hot......if so then they have prob done more damage than you realise.

As an intensive conditioner get one that contains some sort of nut oil i know alot of conditioners use Almond oil so look for one that has this in it as high as you can find then put it on after washing and then wrap either cling film round or put some sort of plastic bag on your head then put a towel on top to keep you natural heat in, leave this on for 15/20 mins then rinse off, make sure you use a wide toothe comb when you do your first brush through when you hair is wet as this will lessen the damage as you should never use a brush on wet hair even if the hair is in good condition.

You might feel a bit daft with the plastice round your head, i did when i was a guinnie pig for my friend while she was training but you should see a difference by doing this..............oh and don't blow dry it after and if you really, really have to then make you sure you dry down the hair, from the top of your head down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back