HELP! Forgotten everything for baby no.2

MUMFIRST

Reaction score
Through my first pregnancy I was bursting with questions and dutifully attended the Parent Craft classes, TENS classes, completed birth plan etc.

I've done none of these things this time round, and with baby no.2 due in 9 weeks, I realise I've forgotten everything!

Do I NEED a birth plan? It all went to pot last time around anyway. All I've learned is that gas & air is great. Unfortunately I wasn't offered it until I was in the final stages of labour, and promised myself next time I'd have it on arrival at the hospital!

When should I book a TENS?

And should I really expect this one to come quickly? I keep hearing of people racing to the hospital with their legs crossed. Suddenly I feel like a total novice again. :shock:

MUMFIRST said:
Through my first pregnancy I was bursting with questions and dutifully attended the Parent Craft classes, TENS classes, completed birth plan etc.

I've done none of these things this time round, and with baby no.2 due in 9 weeks, I realise I've forgotten everything!

Do I NEED a birth plan? It all went to pot last time around anyway. All I've learned is that gas & air is great. Unfortunately I wasn't offered it until I was in the final stages of labour, and promised myself next time I'd have it on arrival at the hospital!

When should I book a TENS?

And should I really expect this one to come quickly? I keep hearing of people racing to the hospital with their legs crossed. Suddenly I feel like a total novice again. :shock:

Mw will do your birth plan at 36wks if not before, and its probably best to have one so they know what you fancy, id get a few pregnancy mags if u aint already, im onto my 3rd and lots have changed since i had my last one (4yrs ago)

i dont know about tens as never used one, and although 2nd babies tend to be faster than 1st, i dont think they actually fall out :rotfl:

Hunny my last baby is 14 this month. I never went to antenatal or anything with her, birth plans didnt exist either. This time I have no birth plan, I might get a TENS, havent been to antenatal nor do I intend going. I want minimum intervention, kind of like an injured animal I'll crawl in the corner and want to be left alone :lol:

I desperately wanted a homebirth but OH is not happy so looks like I'll be going in *sulk* but you wont get me out of there quick enough! My only stipulation I have told OH to ensure on my behalf is that if a member of staff leaves the room they MUST wash their hands before coming near me again. He will have no qualms about insisting I get a different staff member if he feels theyre not up to scratch so I can leave him up to that and I'll just skulk around in the corner hehe!

PS TENS you can order anytime and they will send out 3 weeks before due date if its rented. We're going to buy the Elle TENS as we both get chronic lower backache so can be used for that afterwards and they have a good 2nd hand resale value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back