Please help if you can

fayebalina

Reaction score
Hi all Im from the 3rd trimester. Im currently at college hoping to go on to uni to study midwifery, I was wondering if you could find the time to fill in the following questionnaire which I have wrote to find out how valuble NHS antenatal/parentcraft classes are (this has nothing to do with any NHS research, its purely for my course). Only fill it in if you've had a pregnancy which has gone into the antenatal class period (usually 28 weeks!)
Just copy and paste the original questions in to your reply and put an X by your chosen answers.
Thanks all, im aiming on 100 replies altogether so it would be much appreciated if you have the time and energy to fill it in
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This questionnaire is part of a research project I am conducting within my college course. The answers will remain completely confidential, and you are under no requirement to give your name. You do not need to answer any questions you wish not to and you can withdraw from the questionnaire at any time.

Please fill in the following questions with answers based only on your experience during your first pregnancy.

1) Which age bracket best relates to you during your first pregnancy?

20 or under
21 – 30
31 – 40
40 or over

2) Were you offered NHS antenatal classes by your midwife / doctor?

Yes
No

3) Did you attend any NHS antenatal classes?

Yes
No
(If you answered yes please continue to question 4, if you answered no please move on to question 7)

4) Which of the following best describes the number of NHS antenatal classes which you attended?

Less than half the course
Half or more of the course
All of the course

5) Who most commonly accompanied you to the NHS antenatal classes?

Went alone
Partner / Spouse
Friend
Family member
Other

6)Which of the following best describe the NHS antenatal classes which you attended? (Check all which apply).

Informative
Clinical
Intimidating
Helpful
Relaxed
Scary
Confusing
Welcoming
Reassuring
Pointless

7) Which reasons best describe why you did not attend some or all NHS antenatal classes? (Check all which apply).

Class / Course not offered

Inappropriate time / place of class

Uninformative
Didn’t see the importance

Felt uncomfortable (if so how)

Other

8 ) Did you attend any other antenatal classes? (Check all which apply).

NCT
Aqua natal
Yoga / Pilate’s
Other

9) Please choose ten of the following options which you feel would be most important in an ideal course of NHS antenatal classes.

Meeting other Parents to be

Foetal development during pregnancy

Pre and post birth Exercises

Pain relief during labour

Breathing Techniques

Relaxation /meditation

Terminology

Labour signs

Baby feeding

Baby changing

Baby bathing

Baby Crying

Baby sleeping

Mothers diet

Labour ward tour

Work rights

Birth plans

Birth videos

Item list for Baby and labour

Question and answer session

Other

10) Do you think that all first time parents should attend NHS antenatal classes?

Yes
No

Thank you for taking your time to fill this questionnaire in and please feel free to add any additional comments.

awww sorry fayebalina - i didn't see this before!

do you still need it answering? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back