Hello to all of you lovely ladies

Tereza

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I don't quite know where to start, so I'll start by being honest. I am a postgraduate student of child psychology at UCL at the lovely Anna Freud Centre, a place set by the daughter of Sigmund Freud, where children in all sorts of emotional difficulties are being helped and child therapists are being trained. As a part of my course I am required to find a mother and a new born baby to observe. Just for an hour each week, in their natural environment. To turn to the mother as an expert, because as students of just theory, we really do not know anything, and just observe it for ourselves. The lovely bond that develops between the mother and her baby. This may sound like an easy task, but I totally do not know where to look for a mother. After all who would want to invite a stranger to their house to observe them in such an intimate thing? Sure, I am friendly and warm. After all my future profession is with babies, so it would be weird if I wasn't. And we are all CRB checked, of course. But still, that does not make this task any easier. I registered for this forum in the hope I may find some advice here. Maybe some of you might have suggestions as to which places to go to approach expectant mothers, maybe even how to approach them? Because to be honest, I am pretty clueless. Thanks very much, any advice will be more than appreciated. x

I have moved this to the Research and Media section for you, as it is likely to get lost in the introductions. Good luck with your study :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back