Pre-birth Product

Steve

Reaction score
Hello, I am a product Design student from Derby and have been given the task of designing a pre-birth product that will assist an expectant mother in her normal everyday life, for example, driving comfortably/safely. As my knowledge in this subject is very little I was wondering if any mothers or expecting mothers out there would be kind enough to reply to this topic and let me know if there are any areas whatsoever where you have particularly struggled in any normal situation, i.e. climbing into a car or walking upstairs, anything….
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Picking things up from the floor and doing up shoe laces becomes incredibly difficult in the last couple of months. I was really glad it was summer for my last couple of months and that I was only trying to put on sandles.

how about help getting out of a bath? im beginning to struggle already and i know its only going to get worse as i get bigger. :)

Washing the pots in the sink and ironing gave me backache :(

I found sitting on a gym ball to do the ironing stopped the back ache from that. It was only around 2.99 or 3.99 from Argos

Yeah doin thinks like the wasing up is a nightmare, cause you have to sort of lean forward cause your bump stops you from being able to get near the sink, and it does your back in.

Also seatelts sitting comfortably, normally in order for it to go over your bum properly it ends up cutting across your throat. I know you can get special clips for kids to stop the seatbelt cutting aross at an akward angle, so it would e good to have something similar for going over bumps!

Can't really add much ideas wise Steve, as I am only in early stages of first pg, but I wanted to wish you luck, keep us updated with your design work it would be great to see what you come up with...... :cheer:

a plunger that sucks the baby painlessly out :cheer:

something for socks and shoelaces for last tri would be great as its awkward getting past the bump

Washing up aid would be good! I had to wash pots sideways, i was just the wrong height and bump got soaked lol.

Sitting down in the bath was a problem, getting in & out the car was a problem, putting on shoes & socks etc was a problem, driving was a problem, walking was a real problem, infact most things were!!!

Sorry I know that doesn't help you much!!, could you design a pill that takes away all the aches & pains :lol:

I think the most useful gadget would have been a way of putting on my socks by myself!

I cant get my socks on by myself or any shoes that have laces. Something that would help with that would be bloody brilliant.

Socks and shoes are a bloody nightmare! I was lucky that it was summer as flip-flops are soooo easy!

Oh - and knickers! :roll: I used to have to put them on the floor, stand into them, and then it was such a struggle bending over to pull them up!! :oops: Think about it Steve - once you've got one leg in and pulled them up slightly, you're buggered with getting the other leg in! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A long handled shaving device for shaving your legs late in pregnancy. I tried to have them waxed but the pain for some reason was worse than usual, and I couldn't really reach properly to shave so gave up in the end (& it wasn't just the legs....!!!) :rotfl:

A really nice smelling massage oil for during labour, with essential oils that are good for labour in terms of relaxing and pain relief!! (there's probably one of these around already though maybe I just didn't know about it!!)

Steve said:
Hello, I am a product Design student from Derby and have been given the task of designing a pre-birth product that will assist an expectant mother in her normal everyday life, for example, driving comfortably/safely. As my knowledge in this subject is very little I was wondering if any mothers or expecting mothers out there would be kind enough to reply to this topic and let me know if there are any areas whatsoever where you have particularly struggled in any normal situation, i.e. climbing into a car or walking upstairs, anything….
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

hello Steve! :D
well i struggle to shave my nether regions! so any product which could assist me to achievethis safely would be of benefit!
maybe a shaver with a mirror attached or something :think: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back