Expecting Mothers Wanted in Victoria/Pimlico/Belgravia and Chelsea!!!!

DfridPsych

Reaction score
Hello,

I am studying developmental Psychology at UCL and the Anna Freud Centre in Hampstead. My MSc includes the search for a mother which is expecting between september and december 2010. This is a part of our observation module which comprises to observe a mother and child for 1 hour per week, for a period of 6-9 months.
This opportunity would provide me with invaluable experience to learn more about child development, and gain first hand the growth and changes that occur in a baby.
I would be forever thankful if you could help me and perhaps distribute my attached poster. If you know somebody, please do not hesitate to give them my email address or call the following number at the Anna Freud Centre directly (020/77942313 - with the reference: Daniel Friderichs).

many many thanks

Daniel Friderichs

info sheet text:

Infant Observations within the family

Thank you for your enquiry about the Infant observation scheme. This is just to give you more in-depth details about the scheme. Here at The Anna Freud Centre we run an MSc in Developmental Psychology in conjunction with University College London.

As part of the programme, we require our students to undertake a weekly hour-long observation of a baby at home, in addition to observing a toddler in a group or a young child in a nursery in interaction with their peers. This is to acquaint the student with the capacities, growth and changes that occur between birth and four years of age. In the infant observation they will be paying specific attention to developing relationships within the family, which we consider to be basic to all future development. The approach is observational and non-judgemental.

These visits to your home will enable the student to integrate his/her studies and reading with the reality of first hand observations. The first visit would take place before the birth if possible, and continue on a weekly basis until late June 2011. The visits will be arranged between you and the student directly at a time that is mutually convenient. It is hoped you will feel free to continue your daily routine without undue interruption from the observer. We understand that occasionally you might have to change the appointment and hope it can be rearranged without too much difficulty.

Parents who agree to accept a student for this assignment may be reassured that our students are carefully chosen and vetted (all have police checks), and the observations are supervised by a professional and treated in the strictest confidence in small observation groups of 4-6 other students, all of whom are aware of the requirements of confidentiality. As this process is a learning experience for the student, the observational material can neither be discussed with the parent or made available in any form.

We hope that you are willing to participate in the Infant observation scheme as your support in this project would help our students witness child development at first hand.

If you’ve got any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Nicky Eggers
MSc Course Administrator
[email protected]

P.S. If you know of any other mothers who would be willing to participate in the scheme please let us know!

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello,

I am studying developmental Psychology at UCL and the Anna Freud Centre in Hampstead. My MSc includes the search for a mother which is expecting between september and december 2010. This is a part of our observation module which comprises to observe a mother and child for 1 hour per week, for a period of 6-9 months.
This opportunity would provide me with invaluable experience to learn more about child development, and gain first hand the growth and changes that occur in a baby.
I would be forever thankful if you could help me and perhaps distribute my attached poster. If you know somebody, please do not hesitate to give them my email address or call the following number at the Anna Freud Centre directly (020/77942313 - with the reference: Daniel Friderichs).

many many thanks

Daniel Friderichs

It would be great of somebody could help me

is there nobody out there who lives in london who is willing to help me with my studies?

I'm sorry I dont live in London and am not due till next year x

Can your uni not help you out with a search???

Its a tad Random to just pop onto a baby site and just ask.

Last edited:
i thought that since this post has been posted in the research section - under the forum rules, no duplicate posts elsewhere on the forum were allowed to be made?

hmm due between that time but sorry i dont live in london, surely your uni can help you out..

I am afraid the uni does not help. its really not easy this task. It would be so great if somebody would help

I live in London and would be more than happy to help you. I am due November 24th, 2010. The only problem that may not work for you is that December 17th I am going to Florida for a month to be with my family. I will return January 10th, 2011 - and then I will leave to go to Canada for a month in February. PM me if this is not a problem for you.
Good luck!

I live in London and would be more than happy to help you. I am due November 24th, 2010. The only problem that may not work for you is that December 17th I am going to Florida for a month to be with my family. I will return January 10th, 2011 - and then I will leave to go to Canada for a month in February. PM me if this is not a problem for you.
Good luck!

hi there,

thank you so much for your reply, I sent you a pm.

hear from you soon

daniel

thanks for the help so far. It is a real struggle as you can imagine.

it is still a struggle to find somebody in london, I would appreciate any kind of help at this stage.

Sorry i'm a southerner , but not a london lady and not due till Jan

Have you thought of trying the Midwife centres or local antenatel clinics or courses that are currently running in those areas. I think the ladies may feel more confident then if you are working in conjunction with a local centre. Maybee they have weigh in clincs (health visitor drop ins) that ladies drop into each week, ours does within our surgery, and you could set up there, rather than home visits , which require ladies to be a little braver, particulary as you are male, (please no offence intended).

Hope you find some people to help

Sorry i'm a southerner , but not a london lady and not due till Jan

Have you thought of trying the Midwife centres or local antenatel clinics or courses that are currently running in those areas. I think the ladies may feel more confident then if you are working in conjunction with a local centre. Maybee they have weigh in clincs (health visitor drop ins) that ladies drop into each week, ours does within our surgery, and you could set up there, rather than home visits , which require ladies to be a little braver, particulary as you are male, (please no offence intended).

Hope you find some people to help

thank you so much for your help. its a real struggle and people do not seem to be sympathetic :-(

cant help but wish you all the best in your studies :)

I still couldn't find a suitable person. it would be also great if you know friends of friends or whatever, I am happy with everything possible.

Hi
I live in Sutton which is not too far from central london. I did a psych degree and remember how hard getting participants/expereince etc was. I don't know if I would be of help, my baby is now 2 months old. pm if you like,

Amy

Hi
I live in Sutton which is not too far from central london. I did a psych degree and remember how hard getting participants/expereince etc was. I don't know if I would be of help, my baby is now 2 months old. pm if you like,

Amy

thank you, i sent you a pm

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back