Hello all newbie here with a few concerns

emmie

Reaction score
Hi All my name is Emma from Oakham leicestershire i am 26 and am expecting my first baby 12th december.

I would like to know if any one has had any similar symptoms to me i am experiencing some little brown sticky lump type discharge things when i wipe my self after going to the loo. i know this is graphic but its worrying me. I have had this for a week now from week 7 - 8 nearly.

I have phoned the midwife and she has just said not to worry, that as it is brown its probably old.

I would love to know if anyone has had this, all i can keep thinking is that this might be a start of a mc??

Can anyone put my mind at rest? Cheers

Emma xx

Hiya,

I had something similar to you the day before last. I rang the midwife and she said not to worry. I went to my docs yesterday and he said to monitor it over the next 48 hours and if it got worse or I had cramps with it to go in.

I have an appointment in the morning.

It seems like I'm going through the same thing as you :hug: its a worrying time isn't it.

If you're concerned go and talk to your doc.

xxx

Hi there,

If you look through a few pages of first tri you'll see many women have posted about spotting and so on. Its common in early pregnancy and usually harmless. If your MW is not worried then don't start panicking.

When I had spotting my GP told me to carry on as normal, keep an eye on it and if it became heavier bleeding (ie enough to fill a sanitary pad and was fresh blood) and if cramping that did not ease occurred to call him and he would see me and book me in at teh EPU within a day or two. Otherwise to not worry.

If its only there when you wipe, give it a chance to stop. As your MW said it may be a bit of old blood and is nothing to worry about. If you have any further concerns give her a call or go see her.

phoned the doctor today he said it could be an infection and nothing to do with the pregnancy, i have to go to the nurse tomorrow and have some swobs taken to find out whats going on.

Is that safe though? can it harm the baby?

cheers em xx

emmie said:
phoned the doctor today he said it could be an infection and nothing to do with the pregnancy, i have to go to the nurse tomorrow and have some swobs taken to find out whats going on.

Is that safe though? can it harm the baby?

They would not do it if it wasn't safe :) Don't worry about it, better to get the all clear than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back