Heavy bleeding all of a sudden?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
Since giving birth my blood loss has decreased and lightened in colour (going a pinky/yellow colour which my midwife said is normal). However, tonight I went out for the first time since giving birth and in the shop I felt myself bleeding really heavily. When I got home after a few hours of being out, I went to the toilet to see a really large amount of bright red blood on my sanitary towel :shock: is this normal?

Get to a&e and get checked out darling please xx just to be safe

Hopefully someone with more experience than me can answer for sure but I think this why you're not supposed to do exercise for 6 weeks after birth. You might have overdone it today and set it off.

Thanks girls.
Just read this:

"How can I tell if I'm bleeding too much?
If bright red spotting reappears after your lochia has already lightened, it may just be a sign that you need to slow down. But if you continue to spot after taking it easy for a few days, check in with your midwife or doctor."

Going to keep an eye on it and if it worsens I'll call hospital. xxx

I think you have over done things Hun I did it on my second little boy thought I was fine but went down like a tonne of bricks on the shops. Take it easy and remember your not super woman. If the bleeding gets worse and your soaking more then one pad an hour go straight to a and e xxx

After Lily was born I didnt bleed much at all. Then I did far too much as I thought I was fine seeing as he birth was very easy and natural . I started to bleed a lot then as I had pushed myself too far , maybe that's it ? Mind yourself and if you feel ill or un-comfortable then pop to the hospital xxxx

Yep I think I definitely over done it even though I only went to the shop, my auntie's house and my parents house! (and I was just sitting down in their houses).
Going to take it easy now. Meant to be going to my mother in laws tomorrow (she lives down the road) and I think she told us to walk there but after today I'm certainly not doing that! xxx

Nope take it easy :hugs: you've only just given birth xx

You defo over done it, i when shopping for a few hours only 3dfys after Issac was born i feel fine but my bleeding got heavier i then drive to the local chippy to pick up tea and almost passed out so i tool it easy for the following weeks xx

I did the same thing and got told off by my MW, even though we feel better you have to remeber you're still recovering from a major thing! Thats what she told me lol, take it easy hun and hopefully it will get better xxx

I had this too over the weekend Friday & sat and was so heavy I was changing pads every 2 hours and loosing loads every time I got up and went to the loo. I started getting stomach pains, felt sick and on sat had painful cramps so went into hospital to get checked up on NYE to make sure I didn't have a uterus infection after the c-section but I didn't and just needed to pass a massive clot (sorry tmi)....bleeding died down and pain gone after that was passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back