Heartburn

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Does anyone have any fantastic remedies for Heartburn?? Im getting absolutely creased by it and nothing I am taking seems to work for any length of time. Its doing my head in and is stopping me sleeping at night as its always worse when I lie down. I feel like my insides are being eroded away by acid!!!! :shock:

Diary products neutralise the acid, so milk, cheese etc

And coal :rotfl:

Jeez I get this just bending over which you'll notice in a post I just made I have to do OFTEN LOL... Well hun, why don't you try Gaviscon (tablets or liquid), doc prescribed that for me but some people prob need something stronger. You take 2 tsps after meals and before bedtime! Also raise your head up on your pillows in bed, and dont have heavy meals at least three hours before you go to bed! I hope this helps.. xx

Thanks guys.

My shopping trolley tomorrow will consist of melon, yoghurt, gaviscon and milk!!

Def milk/Gaviscon. Also read that almonds are supposed to be good.
Maybe avoid heartburn triggers - mine seem to be bread & things I know are not good for me like sweets and choc! Also when I'm hungry.

Yeah bread deffo gives me bad heartburn and anything pastry based. Fortunately I seem to be fine with chocolate!!! I also get it bad if Im hungry which is a great excuse to eat continuously - not that I need an excuse!!

Have you tried those little pro-biotic yoghurt things too? They're quite good at easing it. My cousin also found bananas good.
Was talking to a lady the other day who had such bad heartburn when she was pregnant, her husband had to put chocs under the one end to raise the bed! :rotfl:

milk definately and i'd say full cream or jersey is better. I found the best way at night was to drink quite a big glass and lie straight down, it seemed to lie in your tubes and ease the acid but try not to burp or it seems to make the acid come back thru, if you do burp just have a few more little sips of it.

Midna swears by melon and a few people who have taken her advice swear by it too.

I used to drink gaviscon by the bottle and it didn't help, ended up nothing worked so my doc prescribed ranitidine for me, you can get it over the counter at tesco quite cheap too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back