Heartburn :(

kra0

Reaction score
Does anyone know what exactly we can take for heartburn, or can anyone recommend anything? Around this time every night its awful, feels like its rising up to my mouth and it burns lol :( xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

i use gaviscon advance or milk x

Is it ok for us to take that? Milk doesn't work for me unfortunately! Thank u xxxx

yes the pharmacy told me it s fine

I use gaviscon too.. Also Tums antacid tablets seem to work quite well for me! xx

Iv been using gaviscon, it's fine to use. Any heartburn stuff iv used actually says suitable for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding. So always best to double check the label.... Iv also got it on prescription to save paying for it, just asked pharmasist for a minor ailments prescription and got stuff for free :)

Gaviscon, Peptac Liquid, Mucogel. Hope something works for you xx

Brilliant ladies thanks! Popping out to asda soon so going to grab something :) xxxx

A silly thing that works for me is if you have any fizzy juice in the house, drink that and burp away! Not very lady like but it really does help :lol: xx

Sorry you don't feel quite good :hug: I only had that twice until now and it was horrible. Thankfully some milk and a hot bath :roll: worked for me but I will pop at the pharmacy to pick some gavinson at some point.
I hope you will feel better soon :love:

I lived on yazoo milkshake and gaviscon when I was pregnant and it worked a treat! I had heartburn really bad! Hope you find something that works for you! There is nothing worse! Xxx

I find flat ginger ale to be quite good, I also take rennies as I can't stand gaviscone or tums.
Hope you find a cure!

I take Rennies when mine gets really bad, it's horrible, I only have to bent down and it starts. I find mashed potato sets me off which is a massive shame as I love love love mash! Xx

I use gaviscon too

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone! I got strawberry flavoured gaviscon :) it tastes nice and it worked! :yay: xxxx

If u find that u are getting through loads of gaviscon go to ur doctor as they can put it on a prescription for u, so u won't have to pay :) my heartburn stopped going with over the counter stuff and I'm now on tablets the doctor prescribed. Heartburn really is the worst xx

I've never had heart burn in my life but this week its started creeping up on me. I didnt have a clue what it was and felt like I was being choked! Couldn't get my breath! went for a long walk and burped and farted it out hahaha! sorry tmi!

I have gaviscon, tried it once and threw it back up into my mouth about 3 times :( HATE the stuff! I have some rennies max strength in just in case, OH is sick of me winging, so bought them lol!! x

If u find that u are getting through loads of gaviscon go to ur doctor as they can put it on a prescription for u, so u won't have to pay :) my heartburn stopped going with over the counter stuff and I'm now on tablets the doctor prescribed. Heartburn really is the worst xx

I never thought of trying to get on prescription thank you!

Babyem, I know what u mean about the farting and burping haha but it helps so much doesn't it!? Xxxx

Kra I had no idea that you can get it in flavors :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back