heartburn is a bitch

kerrygray

Reaction score
Pointless thread really but I have been suffering with heartburn from quite early on and its only getting worse. I have been downing gaviscon straight out the bottle but its just not touching it. Just wondering if anyone has anything they have tried that have helped you xxx

Snap! I had loads of empty gaviscon bottles next to my bed. I have been getting horrific pains, in my back, my chest, my throat, the lot!! Awful xx

Mine is pretty mild this time round but in my first pregnancy it was awful. Nothing helped it what so ever. I had to sleep sitting up as lying down made it worse. The thing that finally cured it was giving birth... x

I had it so bad the other night I thought I was dying and ready to call for an ambulance! I had no gaviscon either so I had to rely on milk :( I've had heartburn before but nothing quite so bad as that! :(

I have never had anything like it. The only thing that helps at all is drinking burning hot tea

Gviscon doesnt work for me either. I tend to drink flat ginger ale or peppermint or ginger tea and have rennies. I get heartburn i feel all over my back and shoulders neck and jaw and have had it on and off before pregnancy due to digestive troubles but the frequency now, especially at night is just terrible.
I really hope you find something that eases it for you xx

Sleeping more upright with at least two more pillows will help and I have found cutting out spicy food and garlic helps alot to, when it first comes on I begin sucking heartburn chalk tablets and continue until to subsides only sipping chilled water inbetween.
One thing I would say is that possibly the hot tea may not be a good idea as the heat may be damaging the lining or your throat and therefore possibly making the pain worst for you ,also some people do say that tea of coffee cause heartburn acid , just my thoughts you should do what you think is best for you of course , I did hope you find something that helps you soon heartburn is awful , good luck xx

Last edited:
If u are finding ur heartburn unmanageable I would recommend contacting ur doctor. Not only can u get gaviscon on prescription to save pennies but they might prescripbe u a tablet to take. I took omeprazole 20mg once a day, and my god dd they work wonders! I ran out recently and I'm now on randitine, which I don't like much, but the heartburn is definitely less than with not taking them. Xx

I have been suffering terrible with heartburn and nothing was working. I remembered my OH telling me a while ago that when he has heartburn he eats some custard creams but i just dismissed it as i thought there would be no way that would work. Last night I got fed up and thought there would be no harm in trying it so i ate 2 custard creams and the heartburn was gone. Dont know if it was just a coincidence but its worth a shot xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back