Gaviscon

charlie84

Reaction score
Just read in Geordielass thread that some of you get given big bottles of gaviscon from your midwives.
I got told on thurs at my appointment that if i wanted anything for my heartburn at night is to either buy gaviscon or book an appointment with doc to ask for something stronger :evil:
Is it that only some places the midwives give out gaviscon?

Got some gaviscon today from tescos as i am propped up in bed at night not sleeping due to acid coming up and making me wanna be :puke:
Have been taking rennies up until now due to me hating gaviscon. If this doesnt work i will go and see the docs.

my doc prescribes my gaviscon and i keep getting it on a repeat prescription.

x

not sure :think:
i had my midwife appointment on wednesday but it wasnt untill today thrt heart burn got really bad
im not sure if i could have got it from the midwife :think:
will find out on monday when i ring the docs
Sorry to hear your having bad heart burn
big hugs from me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope you feel better soon luv :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had to see my Dr about getting it on prescription, the MW wasn't able to give it to me herself. Make sure you get it on repeat prescription though..when its free you go through loads!

P.S I also have the chewable Gaviscon tablets on prescription as you just can't carry the huge bottle around in your handbag....its way too heavy.

I may have to make this appointment then with the docs to get gaviscon or something stronger on prescription then.
I had to pay £2.85 for a tiny bottle :shock: It aint gonna last me long.

Just hope it works tonight, i am so desperate for a good nights sleep. I cant sleep sitting up its so uncomfatable :(

I got Gaviscon Advance from my Dr and my midwife has also given me a repeat prescription for it. Last time I asked for a repeat prescription they gave me 2 bottles so I didnt have to keep coming back as often, Im on my 6th bottle already!!

I do find that sparkling water helps a lot too, maybe try that if youre not keen on Gaviscon.

My doc gives me it too. I'm on my 3rd bottle already :)

im on my 4th botle lol.
I found pepermint juice (schweppes) is good too = milk helps also.

x

My midwife didn't give me mine, she just recommended that I ask the receptionist to ask the doc to write me a prescription....and he did, no need to see him.

You can only get it from a doc, i think midwives can only suggest you ask a doc. Definately get it free, i told my doc about geting heartburn and he told me to take gaviscon, to which i asked him very politely if i could have a prescription as i didn' want to pay!
Fruit rennies are good too :) (and they taste nice)

My midwife has a big cupboard full of it and asks if I want some at every appointment.
I think she keeps a stash as it saves bothering the doc to write prescriptions.
She gives me a big bottle of gaviscon advance each time that normally cost £7 in the supermarket

Usually its prescription only if you want it free. You can buy it off the shelf at full price without a prescription however.

muppetmummy said:
My midwife has a big cupboard full of it and asks if I want some at every appointment.
I think she keeps a stash as it saves bothering the doc to write prescriptions.
She gives me a big bottle of gaviscon advance each time that normally cost £7 in the supermarket

OOOH! that's handy, wish mine did! I have to get a prescription then go o the chemist! I know midwives can't write prescriptions biut perhaps some of them do give it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back