Heart Palpitations

Yeah im on 250 twice a day too, I think that is too much personally but I can't live without it so to speak! xx

I have arrhythmia and a rapid resting heart rate that is significantly more noticeable in pregnancy. My perinatologist said that it was made worse during pregnancy because of the extra blood flow to the baby. It also causes mt blood pressure to drop when my heart rate is raised from stress or activity. It is relieved soon after delivery. I had an echo-cardiogram that showed my heart was perfectly formed and was advised to avoid caffeine permanently and avoid physical activity that raises my heart rate for the remainder of the pregnancy.

I have thousands of PVC's (pre-mature ventricular contractions) every day! And have had for years. But I must admit they have gotten worse in pregnancy. I saw my cardiologist at 20 weeks who did not seem too concerned but is going to do a stress test after baby is born to rule out an induceble arrhythmia. I'm also asthmatic and find ventolin can make them worse too. Cardiologist has me on labetalol 100mg twice a day and it does help but does not eradicate them. Long story short I'm sure they are probably nothing to worry about. I have had them for years and I'm still around. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

I have thousands of PVC's (pre-mature ventricular contractions) every day! And have had for years. But I must admit they have gotten worse in pregnancy. I saw my cardiologist at 20 weeks who did not seem too concerned but is going to do a stress test after baby is born to rule out an induceble arrhythmia. I'm also asthmatic and find ventolin can make them worse too. Cardiologist has me on labetalol 100mg twice a day and it does help but does not eradicate them. Long story short I'm sure they are probably nothing to worry about. I have had them for years and I'm still around. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, thats really good to know, sorry you have them that often! I find them nerve wracking and the actual feeling is like a cause of anxiety!

Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back