Health Visitor - Worried :(

I remember getting a phone call after an A&E trip when my eldest was a toddler.

We'd been at a busy out-of-town park and my LO was about two and a half/3 and had tried to dash across the road by the carpark, so my mum had grabbed his arm to stop him ending up in front of a car and he yelled and then was complaining his arm hurt and couldn't/wouldn't move it.

Ended up going to hospital to check it wasn't broken but it turned out just to be "nursemaid's elbow" (where the elbow temporarily comes out of the joint) and was fine and sorted itsself after a couple of hours. We got a follow up phonecall a few days later and were told it was standard procedure. Any school age kids who end up in A&E are supposed to get follow up contact from the school nurse.

If your worried then phone them up to ask? Surely they should be able to tell you what the visit is about ESP as you are pregnant you don't need undue stress

If your worried then phone them up to ask? Surely they should be able to tell you what the visit is about ESP as you are pregnant you don't need undue stress

I did call and ask, as soon as I got the letter. The lady said that she'd leave a message for the health visitor to call me back. She finally called back on the morning of the visit - a whole week later :/

Anyway, it's all done now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back