Headaches

Penstraze

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering with alot of bad headaches? I dont think it helps I work on a computer all day but since before I found out I was pregnant I have really suffered with headaches and migraines. Im trying hard not to take paracetamol too often (it is ok to take it occassionally isnt it?) but sometimes its so bad I have to. I have been pretty lucky so far in that other then some bad days I haven't suffered too much with this pregnancy...so far, so cant moan! But I do suffer with migraines occasionally and more often since being pregnant and paracetamol just doesn't touch it! on wednesday I had a really bad one (largely my fault for getting in a state over having to miss my hen night this weekend :( ) I tried a wet flannel, some paracetamols and lying in a dark room but it did very little to ease it is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Hey,

You poor thing, My GP said the odd Paracetamol for migrane etc is fine during pregnancy, just not to be popping 8 a day every day!

I have very mild headaches on and off at the moment but used to suffer from migranes years go so can relate to what you are going through. Unfortunately it's the hormones causing them, they should fade as you go further along.

You could try this stuff called "4Head" it's non medicinal and it's like a chunky lipstick that you rub on your forehead (clear solid gel) when you have a migrane/headache. It has lavender and a few other herbal things that should not be harmful to baby in it. My Sis swore by it during her pregnancy with her 2nd. (available from boots and normal Lloyds pharmacys)

Unfortuntley there is nothing else I can think of, oh apart from lots of water which can help too as alot of headaches in preg can be caused by dehydration as your body needs extra fluids for baby and extra blood.

I hope the migranes calm down and you are feeling better soon. :hug:

Cleo xxx

have a :hug: i know how u feel, i seem to get a headache everyday now and i never really used to get them before, I have read they're normal though so i wouldnt worry too much, it's jsut bloody uncomfortable for us :(

yes i have and its quite common, do you drink lots of water as I do find this helps and grazing throughout the day...

sorry u feel pants hun :hug:

I'd never had a migraine before being pregnant but I had two last month :(

Sorry you are missing your hen night hun :hug:

Ah no! Really sorry you're missing your hen night :(

I'm getting headaches too, fortunately nothing too bad, but one day (at about 7 weeks) I had a constant one :doh:

You are ok taking paracetamol, if you limit it. Oh you poor thing, it's horrible feeling like that. Like the others have said, water is good :)

Hope they clear up soon :hug:

x

Thanks everyone! :hug: I do drink quite alot especially at the moment so dehydration shouldn't be the problem. Think its just one of those things, everyone in my immediate family seems to have suffered them in early pregnancy, hopefully they will start improving soon!
:hug: :hug: to everyone else suffering with them it can be misserable!

Thanks cleo100 will get some 4head today used to use it and it worked well totally forgot about it :doh: my mum also suggested the cooling strips that stick on (cant think of the name right now) so going to get some of those later too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back