Really bad headaches

welshchick

Reaction score
I have been suffering from really bad headaches everyday for the last week they start about 2pm and last the rest of the day :shock:. Never really suffered from headaches in the past so spoke to the doc yesterday but said blood pressure is fine so not really much they can do..have signed me off work though. Anyone else suffer with this and have any tips??:(

ive been getting headaches every nite for the past 2 weeks i just take some paracetamol and hope it will disappear.didnt take any last nite so when i woke in the middle of the nite to go pee it was still there but i was ok when i woke up.i do have high bp and im thinking maybe its because my bp meds have been changed and just a side effect or its just the pregnancy.either way i wouldnt worry to much and i hope they disappear xx

Are you drinking enough? I find that I get a headache when I'm a bit dehydrated.

Have u gone off caffeine?
Headaches can be a withdrawal symptom of caffeine x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I got headaches in the first few weeks due to caffeine withdrawal! I still get them now, but think that is because of dehydration, u need to try and drink more than u normally do before pregnancy xx

I found that when I cut out caffeine altogether I got major headaches. Now take one cup of normal tea first thing in morning and they seem to have eased. Was told at hospital that it's better to take the recommended dose of paracetamol and get rid of headache rather than take like half a dose and HOPE that it works.

Hope your headaches ease soon. They really are very debilitating, xx

Yes! I had about a week of constant headaches everyday, were killing me. Yesterday and today have been ok so far though so fingers crossed I'm getting a break and hope they don't come back. I just took paracetemol, they didn't get rid but they did take the edge off a bit!

I've had killer headaches too, my Mum is as Osteopath and she gave me some really gentle treatment to my head and neck and I've felt so much better since. I'd recommend it if you can get to see one - but make sure you tell them you are pregnant first. If not, perhaps OH could treat you to a head neck nad shoulder massage :)
x

try tthat forehead stuff and paracetamol at a last resort x

Thanks for all the replys ladies, have been trying to drink more water and it does seem to be helpibng the headache is still there but not as bad as it was so thank you so much fopr the advice :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back