HCG levels at 4 weeks and early scan

welcome2life

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the group and had few questions... So thought of posting it here..

I had my period due on 05/11 but got BFP on 05/08 . My doc advised me to go for a blood test and my HCG level on 05/09 (I did test late evening) was 122 and on 05/12 ( early morning) was 244.. It doubled like almost 60hrs...My doc didnt sounded too happy abt numbers and informed it should have been a little higher which disappointed me a lot, and told to have early scan (5 weeks) and asked me to continue duphaston 10 mg (twice a day)... So wanted to know if anybody had these levels and had successful pregnancy and if 5 week is too early for a scan? Also, how long I should continue on Duphaston

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like your doctor is a bit of a scare mongerer. I don't believe I've had my hcg levels tested & if I have nothing was said. With regards to an early scan - this will be transvaginal & I guess he's wanting to see if the sac is where it's supposed to be as you won't see much else. I had an early viability scan at 7+2. Good luck 🍀

That is a little long to double which means there is a higher risk than normal that something is wrong but plenty of women have had similar results and healthy pregnancies. It did double and 60hrs which isnt that bad. I have read that 24 to 72 is normal. That early on closer to 24 would be more what the doctor was hoping to see but not everyone is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back