HCG level now 41 - possible ectopic pregnancy

KeLe101

Reaction score
Hi

I went back to the hospital today and had my 2nd blood test. They are concerned it may be an ectopic pregnancy and so they rung me with the results this afternoon - hcg is now 41. It is obviously a failed pregnancy but they would have expected it to drop to 25 and so are now concerned about a possible ectopic. I have to have another blood test on Saturday and so hopefully it will have dropped more by then. If not, they have to consider an ectopic and look into it further. I am so fed up. It's bad enough that the pregnancy failed, but why this on top of it? It's seriously putting me off even trying again. I think I will need a break from ttc after all this. It's completely demoralising. :wall: :wall: :wall:

So sorry your having to go through this.

Keep your chin up :hug: :hug:

kele first some :hug:

This sounds very similar to what happened to me. i got my bfp in July but my hcg was really low. It went from 32.6 to 32 --- they kept saying ectopic to me, i was PETRIFIED! I thought i'm going to lose a tube or It'll burst and i'll die --- then it went to 51 and then to 81, at this point all I wanted was for it not to be in my tube. I knew, even though I came up with every alternative to make it allright, that something wasnt right.
The doctor was wrong and it wasnt ectopic, it was just something had gone wrong, maybe chromosone abnormality, maybe didnt implant properly, maybe my kidney infection had something to do with it.

I spent everyday and most of the night researching what could be happeneing to me and clinging onto every bit of hope when I knew there wasnt any really. In a way that was the worst thing i could do.

Anyway the nurse who scanned me told me to use that as a dummy run and to try again - i thought i would give myself till october as i thought no way am i ready straight away, but 2 weeks later i was, and anyway that was a bfn, but this month here i am again with a bfp, being able to test on a 25mlu (couldnt before and my 10 tests were really faint), so there is hope, and they use the word 'ectopic' even when it isnt, personally i dont think it will be ectopic for you.

I wrote everything that happened on my blog. Nothing was as bad as i thought it was going to be - in a strange way having low hcg was a blessing in the end, if it has to go wrong for whatever reason, the lower the hcg got to the better.

Mine should have been in the thousands and it only got to 81, I think it was me hanging on and keeping it going.

Give yourself some time to come to terms with whats happeneing, and time is a great healer and if youre like me you'll be trying again. I hope you will, because what happened to me, and what might be happening to you, is really very common and you will come through the other side. Yes its really worrying and sad and heart breaking but we arent going to just give up are we? :hug:

I think you'll be a stronger person for this kele, and I hope it wont put you off. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwwww hun, wishing you all the best :hug: :hug: :hug:

Guys, thanks for all the :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: - I need them right now!!

HollyHobby, thank you so much for telling me what you went through. Looking at where you are at now, and hearing what you went through shows me that there is hope and I will get my little baba one day! I don't think it's an ectopic pregnancy either, but I guess it's reassuring to know that the hospital are monitoring me.
I just want the hcg level to be 0 and then I can have a normal pregnancy free cycle before getting ready for round 2! When I went on that pill at 16, I would never of believed that actually getting (and staying!!!) pregnant would be this hard!! Nobody ever tells you that bit!

Thanks again for all the support, this is such a great forum - you people are lovely!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blimey you are having a real time of it arent you hun!

Sending you a great big squeeze and keeping my fingers crossed for your good health and happiness :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: at least they are keeping an eye on you honey - good luck with your next beta results. I suffered an ectopic late last year and my heart goes out to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jane x

aww hun i am so sorry, your bound to feel this way right now, can't imagine what you are going through :hug:

Sorry to hear you're going through this Hun :hug: :hug: Hopefully it will be over soon. Give yourself as much time as you need after, you may be surprised how quickly you want to try again or you may need a few months off, whatever feels right to you :hug: :hug:

Take care of yourselft and let us know how the next tests go :hug: :hug:

So so sorry to hear what your going through, sounds terrible, try and keep strong and be brave your doing really well. :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope it all turns out ok for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back