HCG level is 50?

KeLe101

Reaction score
The hospital have rung me this morning to say my hcg level is 50 - that sounds very low to me, but the lady said it is the next result which means something as it needs to have doubled. It's not looking likely that it will have doubled if I am 4 and half weeks pregnant, but it's only at 50. What happens if it hasn't doubled - what do they do if it's dropping or staying the same?

Weeks of pregnancy after last period Days after conception HCG level for single baby (mIU/ml or IU/L)
Week 3 0 to 5
Week 4 5 to 426
Week 5 18 to 7340
Week 6 2 1,080 to 56,500
Weeks 7 to 8 7,650 to 229,000
Weeks 9 to 12 25,700 to 288,000
Weeks 13 to 16 13,300 to 254,000
Weeks 17 to 24 4,060 to 165,400
Weeks 25 to birth of baby 3,640 to 117,000
4 to 6 weeks after birth Less than 5

Normal HCG blood levels vary widely between different women and in different pregnancies for the same woman. Be very careful when trying to 'interpret the numbers'. During the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, the level itself is NOT as important in how much it is rising every few days. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low HCG levels and still progress, ending in the birth of a healthy baby. The best way to confirm if a pregnancy is progressing is to repeat the blood test in 2 to 3 days time, and perhaps again 2 to 3 days after that. This is aimed at seeing if the HCG level is rising adequately.

I stole the info from a web site. I hope it helps. :)

Sweetheart don't go upsetting yourself - your HCG level will depend upon when you implanted so 50 could be just fine for your dates.... They check that the level is doubling as it gives an indication of ectopic (which they have already warned you about) - When are they doing your repeat beta? It is usually 48 hours after your first - when I first found out they did the betas and then when they were rising arranged for me to have an early scan to make sure that the sac was in the uterus. If you are being seen by an early pregnancy unit they are usually really good and get the results really quickly....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you whilst you are in this awful limbo land :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jane x

Try not to panic Kele and keep positive...hoping all turns out ok for you babe :hug:

kele for your next beta youre looking for 100 but if it's around 80 odd that should be good enough, as they want it to double every 2-3 days not just every 2 days.
The level itself is not as important as the doubling time as the levels have a wide range between individuals. So forget that it's 50, drink plenty of water as it might help get the numbers up and hang in there till your next test :hug:

good luck i hope all this is good news hunny :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back