HCG Decrease

Nemi

Reaction score
There is a fairly large chance I am having a miscarriage (I'm about 99% sure).

I have had bright red bleeding with clots over the last two days, no real pain, but pretty much all my early pregnancy symptoms have gone!

I had an early scan today and they could see a sac, but about 2 weeks behind where I think I should be. So either my dates are wrong or I have lost it. I don't think my dates are wrong and with my other symptoms I'm pretty sure it's gone. I've got another scan in 2 weeks to confirm.

I was just wondering if I have miscarried how long will it be before my hcg level decreases? Will I be able to tell with a pregnancy test before my next scan?

Firstly, I'm so sorry to read this xx

It varies :(

For me it dropped pretty drastically, it was only 5 days after I started spotting/bleeding that my levels were only just over 1000 then I went back 2 days later and they had dropped all the way down to 300ish.

I was about 6+3 when the bleeding started.

It took 2 or 3 weeks for a pregnancy test to be completely negative.

Do they not want you back for bloods in 48hours?

Last edited:
Firstly, I'm so sorry to read this xx

It varies :(

For me it dropped pretty drastically, it was only 5 days after I started spotting/bleeding that my levels were only just over 1000 then I went back 2 days later and they had dropped all the way down to 300ish.

I was about 6+3 when the bleeding started.

It took 2 or 3 weeks for a pregnancy test to be completely negative .

Do they not want you back for bloods in 48hours?

They didn't even take any bloods. 🤔

Maybe they don't think I am miscarrying? But I think I am, I just don't feel the same!

So sorry, I just assumed they did..!

I would say it's worth asking them to (take bloods) to work out what is going on xx

Last edited:
Big love to you sweetheart.

If you pass a big clot or have a period of heavy bleeding that could be the pregnancy passing, assuming it has all come away your levels will decrease quite rapidly after that i'd think. I had an ectopic pregnancy that was surgically removed and the hormone level decreased within a week of the surgery.

X

What counts as a big clot? I've had lots of tiny ones, one about the size of my thumb nail today and a couple in between.

A bit clot I think they said bigger than a large coin like 2p or 50p size.

Mine HCG took weeks to drop. Some people doesn't take long at all. Unfortunately it is a piece of string question.

Blood tests are the best idea though. I did HPT for weeks and the line was still there. If it is the worst you do bleed a lot which drops the hcg. If you only bleed a little like I did it can take a while.

Sorry to read this :(

With me they refused to take bloods for hcg etc. They usually say do a preg test 2 weeks after the bleeding.
Are you peeing in something to catch the clots? They told me to do this incase the sac came out (you'll know its the sac when you see it :()
Unfortunately in my experiences clots and bright red blood have always meant the worst.
Take it easy and rest up hun. Sending hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back