empty sac on ultasound, have I lost it

josie76

Reaction score
Went for a dating scan on tuesday expecting to be told I was around 7 wks pregnant. Instead I was told that the 7mm pregnancy sac was too small to confirm pregnancy and that i was likely only 4-5 weeks.
I have looked up on the internet and it seems to suggest that you can see the yolk as little as 4.5 wks and can actually measure a feotus at 6wks as well as maybe see a heartbeat.
The scan lady did not appear concerned just said too early but I am terrified that I have had an early miscarriage or am having a false pregnancy.
I am going back in 2 weeks but I am really worried especially as I had serious symptoms with my first 2 children and I really dont feel pregnant this time. Do you think the scan lady was just trying to stop me from pannicking untill she can look again to confirm in 2 weeks.
Pregnancy test is still positive but apprently it can take weeks to go negative after a miscarriage.
I am being paranoid I know, but I am scared especially as i told all my family I was expecting again as I work with horses and have had to stop riding so it was fairly obvious.

I had an early scan and you can only see the sac, not whats in it. Im sure that was the case. When I went back a few weeks later, (i think it was for my 12 week scan) they could see things. Its all a bit daunting, when the pg is on a bit you have the reassurance of scan pics with more detail and heartbeats etc but just now its scary.

I hope all is well. Dont go by your symptoms, I had none with the first and this one has had me one my toes from day 1.

Everyone is different and baby develops at different stages, i've known of people who couldn't see a heartbeat until 7 weeks try and stay positive :)

Hi

Try not to worry too much sweetie. I had exactly the same thing and for some reason I just wasn't as far on as I thought I was. They could see a sac but it was empty and when I went back a couple of weeks later there was a fetal pole. I was really scared too but try not to worry as it's not going to help matters and you'll make yourself feel crap. I panicked too cause everything I found on the net was saying you can see heartbeats that early etc but every woman is different. The net isn't always a great thing when you're worrying as you can tend to focus on the negative rather than the positive.

The link below was my first posting I think and it has the replies etc that I had when I was worried too. Though it might reassure you a little.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=5040

Anyway, hope you are ok and try not to worry. There's always people here with advice if you need it.

Take Care. Tan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back