Blighted Ovum, please can I ask advice?

rubyraven

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Today I had a scan and should have been 10+2 but the little sac was empty. I've been bleeding on and off since Tuesday night and yesterday and today the bleeding has been much heavier with large clots and cramping, silly question but does this sound like I'm having a natural miscarriage?
The midwife was very unhelpful, couldn't get me out of the scan room fast enough and suggested I could have got my dates wrong and forgotten about a period I had in December. feeling so sad and tired.
x

So sorry this is happening to you hun :hugs: I can't give you any advise but didn't want to read and run x x

I'm so so sorry xx

I had a blighted ovum, I started getting brown discharge before mc. My 12 wk scan ironically was the new date to see if sac had gone.

Unfortunately you will pass some clots & what looks like stretchy tissue, the sac will follow then. It sounds like you are having a natural miscarriage but you still need a scan to make sure it's returned to normal. :(

Sorry you are going through this xxx

Oh hun, I'm so sorry, I had a Missed MC at 11 plus weeks, but it started before my D&C date, lots of cramping, get some heavy pads incase and some chocky for you.

Sending you a big hug - do keep talking to the pf ladies , it really helps you especially afterwards XX

Just wanted to send you big hugs sweetie at this sad time xxx

Im sorry honey! It truely is awful and nurses doubting you is the most frustrating thing! Big Hug! Xxx

I had a natural mc at 7 weeks. Started with brown blood then got heavier with clots in it like you so does sound like you are going through one. You have to get bloods checked for the next couple of weeks till your hcg level goes below 5. I would advise at that point to insist on a scan to make sure your clear.

hey hun I didnt have a blighted ov, but I did mc naturally and just make sure you have pain relief, your best just sitting on the loo as the gravvity helps, sorry sweety if it sounds awful. big hugs hun sorry for ur loss I really am :-(

Sorry to hear your sad news Ruby,

I've had 3 natural m/c's myself and yes it does sound that you are miscarrying.

I think they will give you another transvaginal scan and check that your womb is clear - if it is then they won't need to see you again.

I am sorry that your nurse was such a bitch - when are you due back?

As horrible as it is darling, natural is the best way for something this awful to happen if that makes sense?

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
thank you so much to all you lovely ladies for your replies. This has been a horrible day, my cramping got worse as the day went on and by quarter past 6 was unbearable, I went through to the toilet and now the sac is gone. I am still bleeding, not constantly but every now and then there is another 'bloom' of blood and maybe a wee bit more tissue, is this still all ok? The cramping has eased off a lot, hubby brought me back some stroner pain killers, I just keep going through to the loo every time I feel another bleeding coming on, might just camp in there.
This is the most awful thing I've ever experienced, it's terrifying xx

:hug: it's an awful thing to go through, thinking of you xxx

oh gosh i meant to say stronger painkillers not stoner!
i'm standing up now it's not as sore for some reason, so just doing circuits of the living room x

Oh Hun I'm sorry it's not nice at all. I found the most pain was before loosing the sac so I hope it gets less painful for you. Rest & be kind to yourself :hugs:

I'm so sorry you having to go through this... Know exactly how you feel. Had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago and when I passed the sac, that was the worst experience of my life and very emotional! It's a horrible thing to go through... Loads of love xxx

So sorry your going through this honey, I had a mmc on the 15th december but started bleeding on the 7th which was heavy, full of clots but i never passed the sac so i had medcal management. Please look after yourself and get plenty of rest xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

hey hun, i was terrified too, sitting on the loo helps as gravity helps you pass the clots ( i went to a&e and was told this by the nurses ) hope ur not in too much pain hun get some rest if you can :hugs: so sorry you are going thru this

So sorry to hear this hun :( Keep well rested and look after yourself :hug: xx

thank you everybody, you are all very reassuring. I've got another appointment an the hospital tomorrow morning to see if everything is gone, I'm just hoping it is so I can move on and feel some peace on the matter xx

hi Ruby,

So sorry to hear what you are going through :( I had a blighted ovum which I found out about at 12 wk scan. I too mc naturally about 2 weeks after I found out. I chose to wait it out and let nature take its course. Everyone experiences mc differently, but for me the bleeding and cramps came on very suddenly one afternoon, and I went through it that whole day, it was all over when I passed the sac. The bleeding calmed down, and the cramps went.
It is a horrible experience, but you can and will get through it!
Hopefully your scan tomorrow will show it is all gone, and you can begin to heal. It will take time, be kind to yourself :) xxx

thank you Karolina, I'm sorry this happened to you too it's such an awful thing :( My tummy still hurts a little bit but nothing like it did and I'm still bleeding but it's more like a period now than the deep heavy bleeding it was at the beginning of the week.
Fingers crossed tomorrow will show everything is fine I just want this all to be over now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back