Hbac

Palermo

Reaction score
Is anyone planning or had a HBAC? I had a c section previously due to failure to progress and I really want to try for a home birth but OH is understandably not keen on it and worried about scar rupture.

I have done lots of research myself but just after other people's experiences.

Thanks

Hiya. I had a section with my first due to failure to progress at 9cm!! I have opted for a VBAC second time round but will be going to hospital. From what the consultant has told me I will need to have an IV put in and will be hooked up to the heart monitor as changes to the babies heart rate is the first sign of scar rupture so I think it's highly unlikely they would let you have a home birth if these things need to be done. I have been told I can stay at home as long as I feel comfortable but must go straight in if my waters break! It has been 7 years since I had my daughter so I don't think my scar will rupture but I want to be in the best place just incase. At the end of the day it is what you feel comfortable doing but I don't think it's worth risking yours or babys health as things can change so quickly in labour xx

Hey I've had a successful vbac and then my 3rd was a failed vbac I was glad to be at hospital tbh, 28hour labour and did t progress after 8cm babies heartbeat was allover at one point just went for a few seconds was scary, I was getting pain through contractions my bloody pressure was funny and had s really high temp, in the end I got took down to theatre for a c section. I'm over anxious tbh so glad I was in the hospital, don't mean to scare you just a lot can change in labour specially with labour after a section.

Thanks for the responses, I think we may even consider an IM if finances allow as I really just want some choices rather than just be told by midwives that I have to have a c section or time limits after waters breaking as they can all lead to unnecessary interventions. I'd happily go to MLU but after my last pregnancy they said I couldn't as I'm automatically high risk (again having choice taken away before even risk assessing me)

I think after a section every case is classed as high risk Hun, the reasons for sections are also categorised too. I think that if baby is in a good position that makes a vbac more of a success. My 2nd attempt at vbac that wasn't successful my baby was back to back with me which made it harder apparently, he was also 9lb5 so a think that's a reason too tbh. Midwifes can't force you into a section if u want to try VBAC and there's no medical reasons why u shouldn't. My consultant tried to put me off a vbac but I was adiment I wanted one and so glad a stick to my guns because it was an amazing experience one I'll never forget just so much different to a section. This time I am really high risk (had 3 sections) so for the safety of both baby and me will be a section.

You're best off going on the Facebook homebirthing groups for your area. they give fab advise and you're more likely to find someone whose been in the same position as you, they also hold meetings depending on your area or how far you're willing to travel to find out more about it. Hope you get the birth you want x

I'm trying for a vbac this time but I want a water birth I didn't ask about having a home birth ive had 2 c sections

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back