Have I got enough??

Bek234

Reaction score
Thinking we have enough nappies stocked for the first few months.... Just wondering if we were to keep stocking up should I move up to size 4 or keep going with few more size 2's and 3's??

I have:

220 x newborn (4 to 11lb)
103 x size 2 (6 to 13lb
50 x size 3 (9 to 15lb)
674 x size 3 (9 to 20lb)

I've gone with the weights rather then numbers as some brands were different.

X x x

Tapatalking. X

Wow! That's a lot of nappies. I think we have about 150 newborn and that's it! Don't think I'd know where to store them all. x

WOW!!!

Ive got a few diff brands but not buying anymore cos i wanna make sure he doesnt come out in rashes and things with particular brands.

Once im happy with one ill just continue to buy that. Hopefully mamas aldi cos they are nice and cheap haha! xx

Oh maybe I've got too many then! :-/
Everyone has said to me 'u think u will have enough but they go down so fast' lol
So I thought right I'm stocking up! Lol might move on to size 4 then!
Xx

Tapatalking. X

U may need more but it also depends on how long Hallie is in that size for aswell, Some she may take longer to grow out of even with the weight estimates xx

I've stocked up with a couple of packs of size 1 and 2 but I have cloth for when my new little man is big enough (my little boy is a cloth bum during the day). The one thing I will say about stocking up too much is that some brands suit some babies better and different babies will grow out of nappies at different times, you don't want to have too many of a set brand and it not suit your baby. When my little boy was newborn Huggies suited him best (such a shame they aren't available anymore!) then once he became more mobile pampers and tesco suited. He is also only just moving to 4+ (he's in disposables at night) whereas one of his little friends has been in 5s for months x

Ive got about 180 newborn ones but didnt wsna buy anymore incase the brand doesnt suit,

Wowee! I have 1 pack of newborn and size 1s lol. But that's cos I don't know what brand will suit and I want to get some of Aldi/lidl own but need to find a store that keeps smaller then size 3!plus I intend to use re usables!
Think I may need to get more!

Xx

We also only have a few packs as we are planning the reusable route. May buy some more disposables depending on how we go x

OMG!!!! I have not even brought one pack yet! I looked in tesco but didn't know what size to get so I gave up!

I've gone by the weight, I think I'll stop buying them now! Lol
Xx

Tapatalking. X

It sounds like a massive amount of newborn nappies to me. My kids were out of those pretty quickly (I think) I always thought it was between 5-7 nappies each day or so? (Nt really sure because I don't use disposables). If you get a big or plump baby you will be using them a month tops.

I was told roughly 10 nappies a day so I went with about a months worth 220/10= 22days.

Oh well if I don't use them, I can pass them on as there are lots of people having babies round me so they won't go to waste :) xx

Tapatalking. X

Ill pobs be over changing his bum in the early days anyway bek so u may find ull end up using them!

Xx

We were easily going through 10 a day in the first couple of weeks. Not sure if being breastfed has anything to do with it. She was 6lb 9 and I believe in newborn nappies for 3 weeks. So you might be alright with the numbers. I would stop for now though!!! surely you don't want to have loads of nappies hanging around in the cupboards for years?!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Supermarkets are really good in swapping for a bigger size etc. My friend did this even without receipts as long as same brand and pack size/cost.

Yh i won't be buying anymore lol and ill try swapping them if I have any left over, if not someone else will make use of them. X x

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back