have any of you used cat nets on moses baskets?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just wondered if any of you ladies have cats and used a cat met to keep baby out of moses basket and away from baby

I have a 3 year old cat, who has never been very cuddly, doesn't sleep on bed however she does sleep in our room. While I don't think she'll try to sleep with baby she is nosey and does enjoy having a good look around at new objects. Which is leading me to consider getting a cat net to put over moses basket whilst we are all sleeping.

If your not sure what a cat net is, it's basically an insect net that you usually put over pram to keep flies and bugs away.

My only concern is air circulation, want it get too muggy in his moses basket for him? I know they are only thin netting but with 2 adults and baby sleeping in same room, I'm just worried putting the netting over will make him even hotter.

The obvious answer would be to keep cat out, but I really don't want to do this as she's a much loved family girl and don't want to push her out if I can help it

Any opinions/advice would be great, thanks xxxx

I thought about getting them as we have three cats but I didnt have to in the end. They would sleep in his basket and cot but never went near when he was in them. I did not mind as it kept them warm for him and having close contact with them drops the chances of allergies greatly. Im in no way telling you not to use them though as all cats are different, though I dont think I have heard of them being used on baskets, just cots but I could be wrong. X

They were crap. My cat saw them as a 'challenge' and was under them in minutes.

My cat is like Harry Houdini though, she managed to get under the rain cover of the Bugaboo (I can hardly put the rain cover on as I can barely fit my fingers through)

You can get them for about a fiver from Mothercare, they may be worth a try, your cat may be a bit better behaved than mine :lol:

(she doesn't really go anywhere near cot or baby stuff since he arrived)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
My cats never went anywhere near the cot or moses basket after a first quick look!!

I did get a net for the cot but I'm not sure how effective it would have been with a determined cat!!

We bought a cat net, used it for the first night we got Effie home, then quickly realised it was a lot of faff to take on and off and our 3 house cats have just carried on as normal and not tried to sleep in the Moses basket at all. In fact so far they've just sniffed her and then wandered off!
I know lots of people say you should shut them out but the cats are our babies too.
The cat net was only £5 off eBay so I would say if you're worried do it even if it helps you for that first night!! Not too much money wasted hehe

We considered getting one but read that they weren't very good as the cat could just jump on them and they would sag so essentially they would still end up sleeping in the basket / cot.

Our two house cats are very skittish around Alex they will only approach him if he is asleep. We have choose to shut them out our room at night as i wanted the basket next to my bed so i could easily get him and the cats kept looking into it which made me nervous. They did complain at first but now they are fine. I got them a nice fluffy bed and pillow to sleep on. And once Alex is a bit older and can move about on his own they can come back in, so its only temporary.

I did think about getting one and worried for the 1st month that the car was going to jump into the basket but she didn't go nee it. She did once (luckily baby wasn't in it) and I told her off so after that she new she wasn't allowed and she hasn't once tried to get into crib but it does still worry me.

The cat has only sniffed Chloe a couple of times and stays away. If I go to the toilet I always put cat in different room as don't like leaving them alone together while she is asleep, think if she was awake the cat would be to scared to go near her! Lol x

Last edited:
This is the closest Amber has been to baby in 5 months LOL

011.JPG

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member