Has the stress of TTC made you re-think how many children you'll have?

dita_parlo

Reaction score
I always thought I wanted at least 3, if not 4 children. However, after this stressful journey just TTC ONE I'm starting to think that I will just stop at one! How about everybody else? Has the reality of months of peeing on OPK's, temping at 6am everyday (yes even bank holidays grr!), squinting to see lines, rummaging in bins to "check just one more time" , constantly peeing in pots instead of just going to the toilet normally put you off doing this for a 2nd/3rd/4th time?!?!?! :rofl:

:rofl:

Awwwww poor Dita.

If its any consolation I too wake up ridiculously to temp (5.15am WITHOUT an alarm now). I pee on anything and everything and I may have done my share of bin surfing :whistle:

Being rather old I'd be happy with one right nowmbut two would be ideal.

Oh and of course cannot forget becoming so at one with our CM! God knows a year ago I wouldn't have believed it if you'd have told me I'd get excited at stretching my egg white mucus!!!!

I've never done the cervix position. I cannot face DH walking in at the wrong moment and getting the wrong idea with my fingers up my foof.:lol:

Your right dita I am thinking the same! One and Ill be over the moon. Im beginning to wonder what its like to actually go to the toilet for a wee without either catching it in a pot of checking for spotting or an af! I top had thought 2 or 3!

Ha NinjaKitty 'foof' just made laugh out loud! I have never done this either!

Love the word Foof!!! Yes I know what you mean. I cannot believe that I keep track of when me and my DH BD, pee on sticks and forever check my knickers in the2WW. I also cannot believe how well I understand these abbreviations! This time last year these posts would have seem like a foreign lanuague!

I always wanted at least 2 now I think one would be a miracle but next time round (if I even mangage one!) I think I would not try but not try to prevent it either!

Ah Dita you will get there, my friend took 3 years for her first and only months for her second so you may find it easier next time around. I would like 2 but as you say even getting one is hard enough. It's so funny what you all say and so true ha ga. I dont get much ewcm and had a small amount this month and ran down to hubby with it on my finger ha ha ga. We must sound crazy to anyone not in our situation. I know friends of mine would tell me to chill out so it's great being able to come on here xx

Funnily enough this is making me realise how much I want kids and actually I want more (dont think hubby will let me tho) did just want 2 but now I would happily have 4!!
Suppose it depends on if we need fertility treatment etc as I suppose we wouldnt go through that more than once but if it is a matter of just waiting then im happy to do that. Think I am just stressed as I have never been pregnant and I am wondering if it is possible!!
xxxxx

I still want 3, hasn't changed that. Mind you I've been temping and charting for years as can't use hormonal contraception and don't like condoms so use natural family planning.

I always wanted 4 as I'm the eldest of 4 myself but I'd be happy with 2 now times ticking loudly x

Nope, not really.

I wanted 4 and i still want 4 - hopefully they'll just be waiting in the freezer ripe for the picking :)

I did want to have all four very close together but now i'm thinking that i might have them in 2 lots of 2...

Ages 5, 4, 1, 0 or 18, 17, 14, 13... so that's 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017... so i'd be 50? by the time my last one leaves home and i'll still have a good 25 years before i go into a home and wait to die :oooo:

Has not changed my mind at all, i would still like 3 with 2 close together :)

Not sure how i would have coped with twins though:oooo:

I'm only "allowed" the 1 as hubby has 2 from previous marriage but if I had my way it would be 2-3 x x

You do make me giggle with the things you say Louise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back