Has anyone felt like this since becoming a mum?

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has started feeling lonely since having a baby? It seems like its me making the effort all the time with people and my friends only text me or call me when I text or call them first! Im feeling very lonely at the minute and was wondering if its just me?? Xx

Yes! It is very hard. I try to take Oz to the local baby group but it's really cliquey and I have defo not been accepted amongst them lol :cry:

I do get out every day, but normally I see my mum and just wonder around town or take the dog to the park, but even that is hard because Oz HATES being in his buggy these days.

And I find it hard to make plans with friends because I'm always taking care of oz and shattered by the end of the day!

xxxx

I've been thinking the same too. It's like everyone wants to see you and visit the first few weeks then everyone seems to forget you! Maybe it's still our hormones as well. Ive been making a point of going to baby classes to meet other new mums.

I've been going to baby massage but the mums there know each other and I don't know them as I'm not from the area! I might try the mums and tots group tho, I've not bothered before as I didn't think my little girl would play with the toys and I'd be sat there like a spare part! Glad I'm not the only one and yeh probably the hormones! X

Im in the same boat, There is only one mums group here.. and when I joined , alanna was the youngest (its only from birth to a year) and i didnt really like going just to lay her there and not have any conversation, i could do that at home!

I started goin back now shes a bit older.. but now shes almost the oldest in the group! So im out of it agian, she is walkin around and im chasing her trying to stop her attacking the lil ones, and apologising to everyone before dragging her off to a corner >.<

I have a neighbour whose dog i walk occasionally.. but she is getting sick of me going over there everyday lol

Last edited:
The first baby group I went to I hated as Lucas slept the whole time and all the other babies were older and crawling around. None of the other mums really spoke to me either so I felt really silly. I then joined my local NETMUMS facebook page and asked if anyone had babies similar age to Lucas. I arranged to meet 2 mums and have been going to baby groups with them. I also met another mum at one of these groups. I see these 3 mums quite regularly now. I would definitely look for your local netmums facebook page and you could always arrange to meet another mum. I try to have a walk around town or a walk somewhere everyday. xx

Im glad it's not just me I was beginning to think I was a total recluse with no friends ha! Thanks for the advice ladies I'll be looking for the net mums page and also might try mum and baby groups now Francesca is a bit older! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas. Xxx

I've been feeling lonely too. We just moved to the area too so I have no local friends at all at the moment. To top it all off it's so cold and nasty outside now that going for a walk in the park is no longer an option (I go for walks at the local shopping centre instead!)

Now that LO is a bit older and I've got the hang of breastfeeding sitting upright I'm thinking of going to some Bumps and Babies groups around here, just to get to know more people. It's such a shame that I did my NCT classes at our old place, we made really great friends with the other couples but now they live too far away :(

My LO is 16 months and I still feel like this! Ive just found out all my friends have organised a bit night out this weekend and failed to even remotly mention it to me :(

I made the decision this morning that Im going to make more of an effort so took her to bounce and rhyme this morning and on Monday were going to playgroup then on wednesdays or fridays were going to a toddler group. Im sick of just sitting around or going for walks on my own. I want some mummy friends :brat: I mostly do things on my own with her or just see my parents or sister. My friends keep saying they'll make an effort but then never do so Ive given up now. If they want to speak to me they can because they all know my number and they all know where I live!

That's the thing, no matter how much of an effort we seem to make it still doesn't seem to be enough... Like I arrange to go to my friends all the time rather than them coming to me but that still doesn't seem to work... I'm beginning to sound desperate ha! I was wondering who to invite on my side to Francesca's christening and I have literally 4 friends that I know will come... The rest haven't even seen her and she is 4 months old now....

Im hoping the mummy's at mums and tots aren't as clicky as I'm thinking tho!

Alexandra84 - your right it's way too cold to be taking the little ones out... Although the shops near me aren't really pram friendly so I try to avoid ha! Xx

I was like this for a long time after my eldest LO was born, we moved to a totally different area, away from my friends & family. I done all the clubs & stuff & didn't really get on with ppl. It was when she started school it changed, I think its coz you see the same ppl twice a day for years, 7 infact. Your kinda forced to start convos & end up pals with ppl that you might not normally even talk to, i've made some very good friends thro school & funnily enough, theres a bunch of us that are all 28 - about 9 of us which is unusual. Must be a popular mummy age or something

:roll:

I feel the same glad im not only one, just found out group of friends are having a Christmas party and I haven't been asked, I have been to few baby things but we didn't fit in and people were asking why my little one was so small, Im moving two hours away to a new town in jan so be even more lonely! We normally go for walks but its to cold now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back