Anyone getting maternity allowance?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by CarlyD, Dec 19, 2011.

1. CarlyD

CarlyD Well-Known Member

Just wondering how long it takes to process? I only sent my application off on Thursday but it'll probably get delayed with all the Christmas post :( But my maternity leave starts 6th of Jan so I'd really like the reassurance that we've got the money coming in then!

Really praying they've got no reason to turn me down.. Included 13 weeks worth of in date payslips, the smp1 from employer declaring they can't pay me, matb1 etc... If all my calculations are right I should be getting the full £128 a week for 39 weeks! Fingers crossed!! X

2. eldraW

eldraW Well-Known Member

Yeh i am getting it and tbh they have been quite quick with mine so fx it goes the same with u hun xx

3. Young Mum 21 x

Young Mum 21 x Well-Known Member

Yep they was quick with mine too! x

4. jayx2

jayx2 Well-Known Member

I'm getting it too, but I was only informed by my work last week they weren't paying me & I have had to wait til tomorrow to see midwife for a new matb1 because work sent my original away & I've not been able to get out the house with the ice&snow!! & it says on the letter it should be sent away 12 weeks before birth I'm 9 weeks away all because work wer slow in telling me as my mat leave started 27thNov!! so might not get paid a few weeks worth god knows what will happen but so peed off with work not letting me know & possibly doing me out of money :(!!!! Hoping I get a quick reply from them too hun but like u said with Xmas & stuff might take longer x

5. JoJo79

JoJo79 Well-Known Member

I had to send more payslips off but initially they were really quick getting back to me was shocked!

Was shocked they asked me to send more "best" slips in too as my allowance was only £72.05 per week (altho thats still more than i was earning in my new job!)

Hope you hear something soon, im a bit concerned as havent had second letter back yet and i wanted my allowance to start from boxing day xx

6. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

I sent mine off 3 weeks ago not heard anything yet mine is due to start this week if they approve it but i'm not holding my breath.....!

7. lyndsey_28

lyndsey_28 Well-Known Member

try not to worry too much as they will back pay you any money they owe you!! when i had my first employer never told me i was'nt entitled to smp until the day of should of been paid which was 4 weeks later..i then put a claim im for MA and they started paying me income support at around £45 a week....then when baby was a few weeks old received a cheque for £800 and summat in back pay..which was nice but that was nearly 10 years ago now so im assuming the process is a lot better and quicker now!!

8. Maybe_mummy

Maybe_mummy Well-Known Member

Can you only get your Mat B1 form from your midwife?? I'm going to be claiming MA and just read that about the 12 week thing so suppose I should get cracking and get it sorted.

9. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

I'm getting this too, sent my forms off yday, I have sent 3 pay slips, matb1 and smp form to say not untitled to stat pay from both my jobs! Fingers crossed they don't want pay slips from my other job instead cause id literally b scrapping the barrel each month if they wanted the other one as rarely work for them! It's so good tho that they ask for your best pay slips! Was really shocked!! X

10. jayx2

jayx2 Well-Known Member

Midwife or GP can give u your matb1 u shouldn't need to make an appointment with either I was told just to come in whenever & let reception know what I was there for as it only takes a couple of minutes x

11. jayx2

jayx2 Well-Known Member

Thanks lyndsey that's good to know, I've been stressing out about it x

12. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

I sent mine off the first week that you can think it was about 27 weeks and I still havent started geting it. Have had a letter to say it has been approved but still no money but have asked for it every 4 weeks so dont know if I have to wait 4 weeks for it!! I have been off work now for 2 1/2 weeks.
    xxxx

13. Zoeox

Zoeox Well-Known Member

I'm going to be applying for MA, but will be finishing work 6weeks before DD, but how I read it if you apply whilst you are still working you won't get it until your Due, don't know though. I've left my application until I finish but now worring I will be delayed in getting paid, Don't know what to do for the best :s x

14. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

YOu can apply for it early but it wont start untill you finish work or your due date whichever you would rather. Mine is going to be backdated to when i finished work as it has taken forever to come through as I had to prove my earnings twice (think this is because I only just get the highest amount!)
    xxxx