Happy and hyperactive! 1st scan details.

yummy-mummy

Reaction score
Well after a sleepless night worrying about today I have finally had my 1st proper scan. I will admit to being in tears during most of it but it was a fantastic experience. The nurse was great and took so many pics (7 in all and no donation allowed!) and answered lots of questions. My date has been changed from 12 +4 to 12 +1 but my due date is still 25th July at present. I've also found out that I only get one more scan at 20 weeks. As we don't have abortion laws over here, we don't get the nuchal fold test or anything like that apart from the normal tests for hole-in-the-heart etc at 20 weeks so I don't have to over-think whether to get the tests or not.

I'm over the moon and finally feel like a mummy to be. Everyone in work was chuffed although a few people had guess due to giving up smoking and the fact that I've been addicted to Ribena for weeks!

So now for the photos. Bean was dancing all around the scan pulling Mr Universe poses with his arms, waving and turning on demand so we got a good all round view. DH already has a wee girl and he said she wasn't as active as this wee one was durin gthe scan. I was just asking the nurse if Bean was facing the camera when five wee fingers came up and moved from side to side waving at mummy and daddy. Can't believe I could see fingers, eye sockets, ribs and wee feet so here goes:

Bean12-1.jpg

Mr Universe pose

Bean12-2.jpg

Do a little dance

And the following link is what was going through my mind during the scan while Bean was dancing: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ohfJCYobSkk

:hug: So pleased it went well hunny!!! :hug:

Love your pictures! :cheer:

Oh - those pictures are great - congrats.

I've got my scan tomorrow - I hope I see the baby moving etc. Can you feel the baby moving when you see it on screen? I was taking to my OH about this last night, I reckon once I can see the baby's movement I might be able to tie it into a feeling in my stomach i.e. see a movement and work out if I can feel it at the same time??? My OH disagreed and said it'll be ages before I can feel it...

I could feel a flutter/pulsing in my tummy yesterday during the scan and asked the nurse if it was the baby moving. She said it was far too early and that it was her moving the scanning thing across my belly. When I concentrated on it I could tell she was right but I admit to feeling sad it wasn't Bean moving.

Congratulations and I am so pleased that it all went okay. The photos look great.

The Mr Universe pose is brilliant! Congratulations and glad it all went well!

Wow - brilliant pics!! Congratulations!!

I can't wait for my 12wk scan - 15 days and counting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back