Hair Dye

lillou

Reaction score
is anyone still dying their hair as normal? iv heard not to dye your hair when pregnant but i hate ROOTS :x

do you think its ok to dye as normal?

I would wait till after 12 weeks then theres less chance of any harm.....I need to get mine done too it looks allful...I think I'll just dye mine back to its original colour though so it doesn't look all rooty.

I want to dye my hair too :think: I might ring my MW to double, triple and quadruple check xx

I waited until I had past the 12 weeks stage. My hairdresser won't give me a full head colour though only foils. It's still good though because I hate roots..

I have really bad roots, :( and it's really annoying, but I'm not willing to risk it. I read that the colour can get through your scalp and into your blood which can be dangerous. Highlights are better as they don't really touch your scalp, but you should make sure the room is well ventilated, and the colour isn't left on longer then necessary :think:

Toni and Guy told me that the dye isn't dangerous, its just that due to hormaonal changes the colour may turn out slightly different. I had my highlights done through my last pregnancy xx

The day before I got my BFP I went to have my hair cut and coloured. However I decided to go back to my normal brunette and get rid of my blonde highlights mainly for cost reasons. I picked a nice mid-brown and they gave me an all over colour. It looked really good but came out darker than expected - that's when I became fairly convinced I was going to get a BFP!

Sorry just realised that doesn't help much informationwise :lol: I think the main issue is the change in the way your hair takes the colour. I always used to have colour tints and I would have continued to get them done if I hadn't got fed up with the cost. Most dyes nowadays are not peroxide which I think is the harmful issue.

- Please note I'm not a hairdresser and could totally be talking out of my bum on this subject :D

thanks ladies, im going to wait until i am in 2nd tri then dye it as normal, il ask my midwife first (I see her next wednesday) and see what she thinks!

i have a lot of questions for her, she'l never want to see me again :lol:

lillou said:
thanks ladies, im going to wait until i am in 2nd tri then dye it as normal, il ask my midwife first (I see her next wednesday) and see what she thinks!

i have a lot of questions for her, she'l never want to see me again :lol:

lol! I think mine has already been scarred by me as she gets me confused with someone called Sarah all the time :think: Long story!

xx

I'm still having my hair coloured and did so with my son, it doesn't have ammonia in it.

I think it's bleach in the dye that you have to be careful of. Could be a myth though :?

happy days!!!

i can sort my hair out soon, alhtough its been really dry since i became pg, i've been really quite grey since the age of 24 and it would be nice to cover it up again.

TBH i've hardly been bothered to do anything for the past 3 months, so i'm going to sit here and wait to bloom :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back