hair dye!

rosey

Reaction score
i don't know if anyone else is aware of this but apparently we should not dye our hair at all! as it can get into the blood stream!
my hairdresser said that its not illegal yet but that it should be illegal for hairdressers to dye pregnant womens hair!
its ok to have foils or highlights but no skin contact?!?!

I've been having hilights throughout my whole pregnancy and it's been fine. You just need to be careful about getting any on your scalp x

I asked this question a week or so ago. Apparently dying your hair is fine - i couldn't find any info online that suggested it was harmful. I was planning on having a full head colour with at my hairdressers or out of a box. Maybe need to look into this again...

Hmmmmm iv been waiting to get past 12 weeks to use a box dye, maybe i will re think this xx

My midwife told me that although some people choose not to do it, its absolutely fine.
Just dont get too much on your scalp and wash it all off thoroughly if you do.
Hope this helps
X

im a hairdresser and id say not to in your first tri! believe me im finding this very difficult as i have bright red hair (which now looks a pinky orange with black roots) lol! what my clients must think and i got 7 weeks to go! oh dear! however i would say like people have before it is better to have high or low lights as the colour dosnt touch your scalp. Also lighter colours are better then darker colours as they dont have as much pigment in. i think you have to be careful of so much in tri 1 and this just adds to the list, but after in tri 2 and 3 iv always coloured pregnant peoples hair and personally not had any problems, the only thing is that your hormones can sometimes make bleach go green or some colours not take. x

Make a pregnancy ticker

True tbh the way I look at it is roots come out IMMEDIATELY lol so nothing gets in or else we wouldn't have roots for easily a month but dots appear after a couple of days xx

Ive always dyed my hair every time ive been pregnant and not had anything happen, ive never had a midwife tell me not to do it and ive got red hair so they obviously know i do dye it. Im going to do mine in the next few days.

i think i will leave mine just in case plus it might not even take with being pregnant

I dyed my hair several times, even during Tri1.
I have a healthy baby girl on the way :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back