Hair dye

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked before, but is it ok to dye your hair when pregnant ( I'm talking full head, not high lights). I have heard so many conflicting reports!

yeah id like some answers on this too please anyone im in serious need my normal hairdresser who comes to the house wont touch it i normally have it lightened as its a mousey brown colour and i prefer blonde my roots are horrific now as its not been done for 5 months pleaseeeeeee someone help me xxxxxxx

There's a thread on 'pregnancy buddies' about hair dye and false tan - it may help you!!!!

Xxx

aparently the colour now are so advanced they take to your hair perfectly when pregnant.. My hair dresser said years ago colours where poor quality and didn't take as good on pregnant womens hair.. He said perms are not recommended as they don't take to good.

Rach I had my roots done.. I have a full head of foils, then 1/2 head alternating every 6 weeks to keep up my blonde colour... I went to the hairdressers christmas eve to have a 1/2 head and told him i was pregnant... i'd already warned him I was trying incase it effected me in anyway! he explained that he wouldn't be touching my scalp with the colourant/bleach anyway! but even if he did I would need to have a serious cut on my scalp for the colourant/bleach to get into my blood. Still then the chances are sooo sooo slim... I go to a really recognised salon and only have the manager do my hair - so i trust him 100%....

x

thats great thanks hayley its driving me nuts will make an appointment for next day off i think at a decent salon in town xxxxxxxx

Im a hair dresser, hair dye is fine to use in prengancy, just make sure if you use bleach your in a well ventalited room :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back