Please Help! Vanity Problem kicking in!!!!!!!!!!

EmmaLR

Reaction score
Hello

Im 11 weeks and ive just been told by a collegue of mind on the way for leaving for Boots that i am not allowed to dye or bleach my hair!

I have been bleaching my hair blonde for around 3 years now due to hair loss over bad hair extensions. My hair is really thin and i do still have some small patches that show when my roots start to come though and dying it blonde it the best way to cover this! :oops:

I know this sounds a bit vain, but i really don't want to leave it as my roots are dark and i really don't want to dye it back to my originial color as i would have to dye it red and then brown! Im sure my hair would break from this!

Has anyone here dyed their hair during the first tri?

I would ask my midwife but i dont think she would quite understand!

Please Help!!!!!!

<3

:(

You can still dye your hair but on the very odd occasion the dye can react with the hormones and make it go a funny colour, they also advise you not to get it on your scalp because of the chemicals getting through your skin.
Other than that it is fine to dye your hair.

it is ok to dye your hair ifd it has no ammonia, try to not do it in the first tri though x

I'm "naturally" blonde also and relate to your story!! Never had the extensions but I've got such fine, soft, baby-fine type hair that it looks wierd when the roots come through - have you thought about highlights? I've not had my hair done since October and feel a right blooming state just now, roll on next month and Trimester two so I can go again!! Highlights don't actually touch your head if you know what I mean and it's only then that apparently the dye can, only in some cases, turn your hair wierd shades during pregnancy due to hormone levels. It's much less likely with highlights as the colour(s) are simply applied to the dead hair and not the head type thing. I just decided (since I'm a SAHW anyway) that I'd wait and book in for an appointment in February once I'm into T2, I've spent T1 wrapped in cotton wool though. You can dye your hair, it's not recommended but it's also not banned - just bear in mind if your blonde locks look tinted yellow or green etc that it's the high levels of pregnancy hormones - these settle down in T2 hense why it's allowed again so to speak.

Hope that helps a little,

Nicola xx

it will be a lot safer for you to go to a hairdressers, tell them your pg too x

My vanity is the last thing on my mind all I care about is my baby not the way I look. I would rather be completly bald if it meant my baby is healthy and well. I'm not a scruff bag and I do like to make sure I look at least half decent but im pregnant and supposed to look a little bit rough. Please don't think im having a go at you all im saying is don't let the way you look rule your life.

To me its a real insecurity! Alot of friends say things about it when its noticable, and i know people might say don't listen or their not good friends for doing that!

But its something that really bothers me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back