hair dye??

ceris

Reaction score
ok, so i have been on a million sites tof ind out whether i can dye my hair...
i have an appointment booked for a week on wed which will make me just over 10 weeks.
if you can see my picture i have shocking pink hair, but right know my roots are terrible! My dance school have their annual performances a week on saturday and i have to go on stage to do the welcomes!! i really dont want to have bad roots on stage and on the dvds... but dont want to harm the little peanut....
i would need my roots bleaching and then hair dying pink...
any help would be great!!!
all the sites say different things!!

i'm really not sure about this but i thought it was ok if there was no ammonia in the dye. the last time i was pregnant i put an ammonia free brown dye in my hair around 10 weeks as it was close to my natural hair colour so my roots didn't look that bad by the time i had the baby.
i'd give the midwife a phone just to check. can't be to careful with these things.

I waited til 10 weeks and just couldn't stand my roots anymore, I'm blonde but colour it black. I think it's ok if you don't do it all the time and let the hair dresser know. I was thinking pregnant hairdressers are ok and they touch the stuff every day!

I too am in this predicament :(
My hair is naturally blonde/red but I dye it dark brown.
I have yucky blonde roots at the moment and with a job interview on Wednesday it's not something I'm looking forward to :( Before I found out I was pregnant I was going to put magenta colour in my hair. I will put magenta in my hair when I am around 12 weeks. This too will involve me bleaching and dying my hair. But until then, I'll just have to wait and leave my roots looking awful.

I've found ways to make my roots less visible... using mascara. I used to do this in college and because I don't wear make-up on my face any more, I think it will help out in hiding my roots :p Also if you pop a head band in your hair and push the head band forward, moving your hair forward and up, it hides roots very well. Or alternatively you can give your hair a quiff and it will hide roots too.

Or of course wear a hat :p which I have found myself doing a lot of lately. Hair bandanna's and nice accessories will drag the attention away from your roots too.

xxx

I'm a hairdresser and dying/bleaching hair whilst pregnant is completely safe. Some ppl wait til they're in their 2nd tri but there's no reason to. U don't see celebs walkin around with roots just cos they're pg do u?
U do need to make sure the salon does a skin test or if ur home dying follow the skin test instructions cos hormones can make ur body react differently to chemicals-u really don't want an allergic reaction.

When u go to the salon make sure u tell then ur pregnant,if they don't know and rub ur scalp to much it can cause u to faint :/ xxx

thanks for the information emmamb! i think i will stll wait til baby is born hehe

Thanks so much for the help...... will pop into hair dressers this afternoon and see what they say, and will call midwife if still concerned... but i suppose you are correct about pregnant hairdressers!
Will be wearing bandannas and headbands until then!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back