Had to phone an ambulance for Kayden today :( - UPDATE 07/03 - Its still happening :(

You must of got such a fright. I totally didn't know any of this, I quite often have Amber in the middle of my bed while I'm getting ready. People should really me given more info on this. X

Omg what a scary experience you had! Poor you! And so unfair that your oh had a go at you like that instead of being supportive!!

I never heard about this either! We even put G to sleep on our pillow a few times. And a mw saw that and said it's fine to do that from time to time!!

Can I ask you a question? Does your ko have a good neck control?

Glad your all ok today. Must admit it had me thinking all day, I've left Kynon on all sorts like our bean bag thinking he would be ok, Ill be much more careful now! Thanks for the link and info think its important for us to be made aware x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i.love, yeah Kayden is supporting his own neck now, but they way he was positioned, he wouldn't have been able to move from that postion, if that makes sense. I might have a pic that i'd previously taken in that same position, i'll see if it shows. God ladies, its so scary. Seriously only a matter of sec's. Please watch your LO's like a hawk they really are so precious. I seen god the other day ladies, I honestly thought he was going to die :( i've never been so scared in my whole life, not even when i've been close to death myself. horrible horrible thing.

Thanks again

xxxxxxxx

This is the exact spot, same position, but without the cushion

Attachments

• 2012-02-16 15.26.58.jpg
    2012-02-16 15.26.58.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 43
I totally have Amber in the same position on my sofa, so scary. Will be so careful from now on. Hope you've recovered from the shock now x

I think I know what you mean. Still, i would never think this is a dangerous position! How scary!

He looks so comfy and I wouldn't have thought that position would cause any harm! So sorry you had I go thru that and ur oh was such a dumbass!! :hug:

Oh hun how scary for you, hope you're ok. I have Colby on the sofa like this loads, would never have thought it was a problem

I've def sat Kynon like that loads of times, so scary. How strange is this though, I was telling DD about Kayden as she watches kynon a lot when Im doing tea or jobs etc, and before I finished she said she knew you shouldn't sit babies like that and that their airways can get constricted! WTF! How did she know that and I didn't! I asked her how she knew that and she didn't know!

These kids are well clued up these days lol!! At least u know u have a safe babysitter ;) lol!

wow sarah! Your daughter is one intelligent girl!

The more I read up on it, its actually so so dangerous. And god, I've even looked after other ppl's babies & put them in that position :shock:

Kayden is gonna be lying flat all w/end. Sleeping only in cot, putting buggy in lie down position & no car seat/bouncy seat only lying flat on play mat. And I am gona fone the doc's on Mon, at least i'll know its something to do with the way he's positioned, coz if was a different problem (heart murmour or something) it would happen intermittently rather than having a pattern.

If it happens again & he's in a safe position then, even if he comes out of it again, i'll still go to the hosp, or fone nhs24.

xxxxxxxxx

I'm so conscious of how I sit B since reading this thread. Very scary. x

Me too! I even corrected my sisters car seat for my nephew coz he looked too far back and his feet were high! Worth getting him checked over tho in case it's something else!

Well.....

This has still been happening. I'm quite sure it isn't caused by the positions he's been in.

It has happened roughly once each day, but not as bad as first time. I've taken him to the doctor who wasn't overly helpful tbh, she said as long as he is gasping, its still breaths & he isn't "not breathing". She doesn't know why he's doing it & has referred him to the childrens hospital for checks. The other times it has happened, I dont think his lips have turned blue, but colour drained.

Everything is pointing towards silent reflux, he has all the symptoms but will need to wait to get checked at the hosp. He was given gaviscon by the doc (incase thats what it is) & he hasn't done it again in 2 1/2 days (longest gap) so fingers crossed this is it.

I'm worried more than you can imagine, feeling sick & sad doesn't cover it tbh. I'm struggling big time, duno if i'll be going back to work now & basically everything is on hold. I literally cant think straight.

I'm not religious but every night I pray to god that my baby will still be alive in the morning. But, i'm trying to remain positive. All health professionals i've spoken to said, gasping & turning blue although its not common, is something that babies sometimes do. So i'm trying to look on the positive side of things.

I'll keep you all up to date.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my god I can't imagine how you are feeling, I understand you constantly being on edge I would be exactly the same! Poor little man hope you get answers soon hun xx

Oh chick, just read this :hug: You poor thing. What exactly is he doing?

Brody catches his breath sometimes still.

xxx

Thanks ladies

I dont think i've ever felt this way in my whole life. And i've dealt with some pretty rough times.

It has only happened 5 x , what happens is, his breaths are like gasps, almost sounds like something stuck (like sick for example) when he's breathing, but its not big gaps between gasps. We've not left him alone for any length of time, and listening to the baby monitor constantly.

xxxxxxx

Sounds very similar to Brody hun. He has been doing it since he was born. Less frequent now but still does it. Doctor said its something to do with the flap in his larynx (I think) forming? I'll mention again at 8 wk check and see what they say.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back