Had to phone an ambulance for Kayden today :( - UPDATE 07/03 - Its still happening :(

Is there any pattern Olive? For example after meals, or when lying in a certain position?

Keep an eye out for the other reflux symptoms....I can send you a link of symptoms if you like? i'd never heard of it until this happened.

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks chick. Tbh not many apply to him from what i can see. No real pattern. I suppose it tends to happen at night or during a feed tho. Will def mention to doc again. Thanks for sharing :hug: zzz

Oh hun, how scary for you :hugs: when he breaths does it make a noise? Could it be a floppy larynx (Laryngomalacia)? Although, with floppy larynx they make a funny noise when breathing and can be noticed from a few weeks old. They normally grow out of it by 18-24 months.

I hope you get some answers soon hunni x

Oh no, how scary for you. It's strange he wasn't getting it before as well. Really hope it's not to serious and something like silent reflux xx

Floppy larynx that was it! X

Omg is that really true about the carseat thing?? When I bring Angel back from the baby group she's nearly always asleep for like 2-3 hours and I just leave her in the carseat usually as I hate waking her up :( shit

Lauren, try not to worry too much about the car seat its something none of us can live without, there is no way of avoiding it. Make sure LO's chin is a finger width away from chest, even with healthy babies their windpipes can get easily squashed.

Its now been a week since the first "episode" since the first day it happened around once a day (a couple of times it was 2x a day) but since starting the gaviscon we've had no episodes & all the other reflux symptoms he had are gone. Not gonna get my hopes up too much. Obvs we'll still go to the Yorkhill hosp referral & see if anything else is up. Turns out daddy had extreme heartburn as a child (he needs to ask his mum about baby) and with reflux it is genetic rather than something you catch.

And yeah, he was perfectly healthy when born, no health probs apart from chord wrapped round his neck twice. It may have been something he's had since birth & its only just showing serious signs. You really could drive yourself insane by thinking about it all.

Thanks everyone for your support!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had the same thing where Stanley gasps for breath...took him to doctors 3 times and no-one took me seriously. I had to video it on my phone and show it to the doctor! They said it sound like it could be when the windpipe goes into spasm.. Frightening but each episode doesn't last long! Hope he's ok hun xxx

Thanks for sharing.

I didn't realise how common breathing probs was with babies. Worrying thing is, none of these episodes have ever been picked up by the sensor monitor, the noise bit didn't even light up.

xxxxxxxx

Just caught up I can't imagine the worry your going thru! I'd be putting it all on hold too and fixated to the monitor! Do you have a camera monitor? I have to use one coz she's a silent puker.. I don't trust the sound one I have it's absolute crap I heard her cry on the girls monitor in the other room and heard nothing on the one right next to her crib!!

I hope it's the gaviscon working, Ellie had gastric reflux a nd screamed like she was being ripped apart inside after every feed and also frequently turned blue choking on mucus.. It really helped her praying it helps kayden!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back