Had sweep today!

Pudds86

Reaction score
Had my sweep this morning! :) Cervix is quite soft but still posterior. She said it was still pretty closed but she could push her finger in. Its done something because I have been having period pains since. Made hubby go for a walk with me this evening and I shall be bouncing on my ball in a little bit PLUS some naughty time later! eeek!

I am hoping he will be here over the weekend and I am ON anything that might make him come. Feeling really positive and excited. I am seeing midwife again on Tuesday for another sweep if he hasnt come. He is still not engaged but MW said that really doesnt matter. The top of his head is just going into the pelvis.

Also got induction date today of Dec 2nd... they changed it from 10 days over to 12 days over in the last two weeks!!! How annoying!!!

xxxx

Sounding positive chick, you tried castor oil mixed in orange juice that is meant to be brilliant for bringing on labour. xXx Good luck

Me too, I had one today. I was not expecting it to be as OK as it was. Didn't hurt at all but I made sure I didn't tense up throughout so think that helped a lot. I found it less uncomfortable than a smear if I'm honest.

I am booked in for my induction on the 24th (next Weds) I was still told it's 10 days so might ask about the 12 day thing as I'm still desperate to get my home birth.

Sounding positive chick, you tried castor oil mixed in orange juice that is meant to be brilliant for bringing on labour. xXx Good luck

Castor Oil is awful hun!!! I would not recommend it and the midwives can tell if you have taken it and they wont be happy!! I gives you bad guts and can make you severly dehydrated (which also dehydrates the baby!) You also vomit.

Yay for ur sweep - got mine Monday - did it hurt? x x x

No not at all hun. it was much more pleasant than I thought it would be. I was having an out of body experience though thinking "oh my god... I cant believe I've got these two having a nosy at my mooey!" lmao.

Rayoflight- I think the induction days changes from unit to unit. Annoying this is my good friend had to be induced two weeks ago at 10 days over and they changed it a couple days later. I dont want to have to wait an extra two days plus that will mean a December baby!! Thinking positively though...its gonna happen naturally before that! lmao xxxxx

Good luck after ur sweeps ladies and good to hear that they aren't that awful... x x x

i was induced 12 days over, but honestly if i ever have another baby ( i doubt it) i wouldnt wanna be induced again unless i was 14 days over.. its not nice. fingers crossed you girls all go naturally and that your sweep works the treat!

I get to discuss a sweep next weds dont think I get one then tho is that right? Will they talk about it before giving you one? If I dont go naturally then I wont be induced til 13th that is ages away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back