Had sweep and got induction date!!

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Woop! Went in for sweep today at 3:30pm and boy was it uncomfy! I wouldn't say painful but she was very vigorous, LOL! I have never had anything done to me 'down there' so I've come away from it feeling a bit violated if i'm honest, hehe! I know labour will be worse but I havn't been through that yet so I don't know! :D

Doctor has booked me in for an induction on friday, so hopefully I will have my little girl by the weekend!

So here's a question or two. Baby is 3/5 engaged, cervix is looking good, what are the chances that the sweep will work? Doc said that if it is going to work it will be within the next 48 hours, so hoping that will set me off early.

Next question, how much chance is there of the induction working? I know that there is a chance that it may all go tits up and baby may refuse to budge at all, just wanted to know how often that happens! I want to get exited but i'm finding it really hard as I'm convinced that it will be just my luck that I wont get anywhere so I feel like I need some reassurance, heh.

Mwah!

xxxx

Hi hon, not sure on odds of it working but got everything crossed for you!!! Good luck!!!! x x x

not too sure on odds for sweep but my induction with my eldest worked really well, and the induction with my third was starting to work before he decided to flip and go breech overnight, good luck hope everything starts soon for you xxx

no answers to the questions but hope the sweep works and you go into labour before friday :)

Sorry never had either, but fingers crossed that lovely sweep works tonight for you!

my midwife told me today the induction will work cos they wont let me go home until baby is out, lol they just keep sticking more drugs into ur floo i think until it starts to enduce labour, its meant to b more painful but that im not sure about, ask me in 2weeks, lol

good luck for the rest of this week and hope to see your little one soon!!! :)

x

i had a sweep on the wednesday morning started getting pains 11:30 that night and tegan was born at 3:58pm on the thurday. hope it works for u hun good luck xx

Thanks ladies. Got the odd cramps and had some bleeding after she first did it but everything has settled back down to normal now :( Oh well, Friday isn't that far away so I can't sulk that much :D

xxx

How exciting for you that you'll have your LO this week, hope the sweep kicks things off enough that the induction works :)

Ooh hope your sweep does the job and gets it going for you!

ive only had it done once on my 1st and i had her the next day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back