Had positive tests x3 - endometriosis worries too

babyfulton

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just had 3 positive results on pregancy tests yesterday, and am just completely blown away! This is our first child and we have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months.

I've made an appointment at the doctors for next Monday, and have been told to push for an early scan as I am at risk for ectopic pregnancy following the draining of an endometriotic cyst on my left ovary during a laparoscopy last year.

I've got so many questions - are the twinges I'm feeling normal? Can I get excited about it before I see a doctor? What will happen at the docs appointment next week? Should I push for an earlier appointment? Do I need to make another appointment with a midwife or will they contact me?

Help!!! :)

Hello there,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :hug:

The twinges are normal, I am nearly 8 weeks and have had all kinds of strange things happening to me...twinges, cramps (which are a cross between a period pain and a stitch!) I also had bleeding at 4/5 weeks so they thought there may be a chance of a miscarriage or ectopic...so I had a scan at just about 6 weeks but all was fine with little bean.
I know how hard it is to not worry hun but as long as you are not experiencing any severe pain or blood (be that old brown blood or red) I am sure all is fine. Having said that if you are getting yourself really stressed out then by all means try and get an earlier appointment. Your doctor will now your history and reassure you. I would be surprised if they didn't scan you at 6 weeks just as a check up and to put your mind at rest.

As hard as it is try and stay calm. You will need to book an appointment with the midwife. I just rang my doctors and they told me which day she is in. The first appointment takes place usually after you are 8 weeks. Mine is a little after becasue she was so booked up, so ring nice and early.

As for the excitment is hard not to be, I am still very nervous about being happy and at times the whole thing seems surreal! I think that once I am past the high risk stage (first 12 weeks) I will relax more, at the moment it is a case of take every day as it comes....but I can promise you this....the weeks fly by.

Keep in touch and congrats once again!!! :hug:

Heather

Thank you so much for your reply, heatherlucie, that's made me feel a little calmer! And congratulations to you too!!

I think I will call the surgery and maybe speak to the nurse and tell her my concerns, and make the appointment with the midwife at the same time. Does that sound sensible?

I will definitely keep in touch - I'm totally bricking it!!

Lisa

It depends on your area Lisa as to whether you will be able to contact the mw direct or whether your GP will have to refer you. Mine had to send them a form and then they wrote back to me with an appt. But it varies in every area - your GP will explain the procedure when you see him (if he doesn't make sure you ask! But no harm in checking with your surgery, the receptionist should also know how it works. Definitely push for an early scan with your history, but I woudln't worry about the appt not being till Monday, that's plenty soon enough (unless you're now very very late?). Your GP probably won't do much in the way of confirming your pregnancy, they generally trust the HPTs especially if you've done more than one! So feel free to get excited now, I felt really flat after seeing my GP as I kind of expected them to actually do something, but no! Anyway many congrats on your BFPs and do excuse me gatecrashing from tri 2, look forward to seeing you there soon :D (and the pains are totally normal, I was convinced I was going to come on for weeks I was so crampy, and then there's constant twinges and stabbing pains and stuff, you just get used to it. Don't worry unless you get anything really agonising or they come with bleeding)

I am with heatherlucie on the twinges thing. It is always worrying, especially as early on the symptoms are SO similar to period symptoms I was convinced I would come on at any moment :lol:

But congratulations, you're pregnant :D

I'm sure getting in touch with your local surgery should answer questions about scans etc...

Enjoy your pregnancy :D

Hello both, and thank you for your replies.

I've called the surgery and they explained that the doctor will send the paperwork to the midwife and due to the endo they will probably contact me a little sooner than they necessarily would have otherwise.

I'm so excited now! I really can't wait to tell my Mum, she's going to go loopy!! In a good way, though!

Have you guys told many other people or are you waiting for the 12 week milestone?

Thanks again, its really comforting to speak to someone in the same position!

L

twinges- normal!

get excited whenever u want! :hug:

what happens at the docs- nothing much! :lol:

just ask for an early scan explain because u think ur high risk for EP.

good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer: :dance: :hug: x

Many congratulations! :cheer:

The twinges are perfectly normal. They freaked me out too!!!

:hug:

Hi Agian babyfulton!

I think with regards to telling people, it is up to you as everyone is different. I have told my family and close friends because I figured that IF (god forbid) anything should go wrong I would need their support anyway. I have also found it theraputic to talk through my fears and worries especially after last time....but as I said there is no right or wrong. So if you feel like telling people then do!

:hug:

Thanks, heatherlucie, that makes a lot of sense.

We're seeing my mum on Sunday and I really can't wait to tell her but don't want to do it over the phone, and then we're going to see my parents in law Sunday afternoon. They think we're just popping down to borrow a saw as we're doing our kitchen at the moment so hopefully it will be a very nice surprise for them! I don't think we'll tell anyone else though, just yet.

I've got a little dilemma in that I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid to a friend in July when I'll be 6 months. We've already ordered the dresses but I don't know whether to tell her and give her the option to cancel the order. She knew we were trying but..... Maybe I should phone the shop and see if the dress can be altered that much....

Help!!

:wall:

Ohhh it is all happening isn't it!! lol!

I think that is a difficult one as if you leave it the same dress may not be available in the size that you want at a later date. If you don't want to tell her yet then just play devils advocate and present a hypothetical situation like "If I were to be pregnant at the time of your wedding and therefore bigger would you be able to easily re-order the dress" She may well guess when you say this but then again it depends on your acting abilities!!!! lol!

Don't panic too much too soon. Perhaps give it a few more weeks anyway before mentioning anything to her 'hypothetically' or not. Right now you need to concentrate on you and growing your baby! (do I sound like your mother?!!!!)

Take care
Heather

Welcome and congratulations :cheer:

I had the same dilemma as you as I'm a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding in July when I'll be 7 months gone! They hadn't ordered the dresses, but I told them anyway (but then again, he is my bro so I probably would have done anyway). I was worried that my soon to be sister in law wouldn't be happy so I told her it'd be no problem at all if she wanted to change her mind, but she was really happy about it all and still wants me to do it. I guess for the dresses it just depends on what style they are - if it's a strapless number then that might be a bit more of a problem than if it's an empire line dress...

If your friend knew you were trying then I'm sure she'll be really happy for you and wont mind a bit. Dress makers can do wonders with alterations these days!

Good luck :hug:

Thanks for the reply and welcome gemoid.

It is a strapless number, unfortunately, but as you say, they might be able to put some straps on - I haven't seen a strapless maternity bra!

And I could always wear a shrug or something over the top. I think I'm going to wait until we've seen the doctor on Monday and then maybe tell her and see what she wants to do about it. I would feel wrong waiting another 7 weeks to tell her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back