had midwife today..

hayes

Reaction score
And im very very lucky as she is lovely and very helpful.

She did say tho that my bmi is only 19.7 and thats pretty low so she is guna have to keep and eye on that and may have to refer me if it gets lower. I know its due to the nausa and sickeness but i dont know how to help it. Ive got sickness tablets im guna start tonight so fx they work. She said i have to look after myself or cud end up in hosp on drip which i really dont want.

Any ideas of simple foods my body can eat and that will build me up. Wana do everything i can for my baby and to stay out of hosp.

Michelle. x

I really don't know what to advise, Fingers crossed your sickness settles down soon xxx

I was a size 14 when I fell pregnant with my son, and a size 10 the day I left hospital after having him. Sick the whole time, and they kept threatening to admit me to hosp for drip, which is the only thing that scared me into forcing myself to eat.

I found sugary tea, and lotus biscuits stayed down. Think it's different for everyone though.

Hopefully for you it all calms down when you get to 12 weeks x

I know for people who do struggle with illness there are supplement drinks from asda milkshake type things they arent a good replacement for food but you can try maybe having some between little meals as they do contain high calories but arent a food replacement xxx

I'd defo agree with biscuits, I don't really fancy any food a the moment, but biscuits, for some reason I could eat a tonne of the lol

Anything high in fibre? Bread/toast/shreddies/etc

Nature valley cereal bars are brilliant (i like honey and oats granola best)
Toast and butter
Crisps
Crackers
I managed to keep carrot and butter bean soup down.
Ginger biscuits
Yoghurts with a little flavour
Bananas (if you can cope with the taste haha tasted like onions to me)
Build up milkshakes from boots. (Strawberry, chocolate or vanilla) they're a powder you mix with milk or water and its got lots of nutrients and vitamins in there. Helps me when I can't eat well etc

I lost 4lbs in a week.. Put 1lb on again now from eating more :)
I hope you feel better soon!!
Xx

Last edited:
Chicken! i find that easy to eat :) hopefully it wont make u sick but full of protein xxx

Thanks ladies im very worried as want to do the best for baby hayes but feel so ruff all the time. Im managing to keep sum stuff down so thats good. Im not sure what to do about work again. Mw said to rest up and just concentrate on me and if thats means no work then so be it!!

But its hard dont want to feel like a failure, but want to do best by baby.

What wud you do??

Michelle. x

Thanks ladies im very worried as want to do the best for baby hayes but feel so ruff all the time. Im managing to keep sum stuff down so thats good. Im not sure what to do about work again. Mw said to rest up and just concentrate on me and if thats means no work then so be it!!

But its hard dont want to feel like a failure, but want to do best by baby.

What wud you do??

Michelle. x

In wouldn't go to work. You and your baby are the most important.
It doesn't mean your a failure it means your looking out for your and your baby's health.
Rest and relax. And work through the sickness. :) you will get there. I'm getting a bit better now but guna get this week off work aswel as I need to start getting used to going out. As ATM I get extremely anxious about it.

Look after yourself and don't feel bad about it :)
Hope you feel better soon
Xxx

hiya hun

I had my first nearly 8 years ago and remember being sick all the way through and losing weight by the end (I was over weight to start with so not too bad) for me there was no set thing that I could keep down, it changed daily so just relax n go with the flow as much as poss

hope it subsides for you soon. Have you tried those sea sickness bands some ppl swear by them though not tried myself, just researching ready for when the m/s kicks in this time round lol

I do wear the bands but im not sure they work. I have taken the tablets last night and feel slightly better this morn but very sleepy and droswey. I have docs at 10.20 and will ask to be signed off. Also have nurse at 10.40 for bloods which might give sum answers.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back