happy and so sad at the same time....

hayes

Reaction score
So my wonderful best friend who i love so much had her gorgeous little baby girl today. I thought she was guna have a boy as we didnt know the sex but im so pleased its a girl and can not wait to meet her but also really nervous.

Im so upset that im not even close to having a baby and we only started ttc a few months apart. Im nervous that im guna be so upset when i see them and i so dont want to be jealous idiot but its making me ache so much.

Im going to be so broody when i hold her eeekkkk this is guna be so hard please please please hurry up bfp!!!!

Michelle. x

Aw :hug:

I don't actually like other peoples children very much so I find them being pregnant much worse than them actually giving birth.

I try to see it more of a lesson. You get to see what kind of things parents have to deal with and if you get it wrong you just pass the baby back, and if they get it wrong you get to take notes while they have a breakdown :whistle:

You'll be alright xx

Last edited:
Oh hunny I so understand. When we were ttc 10 babies were born to very close people to me and every time it was such an epic battle with my emotions. The last one was 6 years ago, my nephew Theo was the most beautiful baby and I'd come on the day he was born. I went in to see them, held him, fell totally in love with him, left and balled my eyes out in the car park. On the way home an hgv was driving towards me on the other side of the road and I just thought if I drove into his path it wouldn't really matter.

It was at that point I decided to give up ttc, couldn't believe I'd actually thought about it. But I tell you now Theo has been an absolute delight in my life. My sister let him choose his own godparents and he asked me to be his "mummy that tell's God I'm sorry" lol. Then I gave him a cousin and Theo rings us at least 3 times a week to listen to Albert gurgle down the phone at him.

I've never told anyone about that hgv, not even my OH. And now I am so glad I didn't. Seeing people you love having babies doesn't get any easier but you can build such a special bond with that baby it goes some way to help the hurt :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Ah hun it's a horrible feeling iv been thru it a couple of times over the past few months but I promise u as soon as u meet the little one those feelings will go to one side. Yes, u will wish it was u but I think u will be surprised at how well u will cope with it. It's a new life and u will bound to fall in love with her but it will be ur turn too one day and when it comes u will appreciate it all the more :) take care hun as soon as u meet the baby u will feel so much better xxxx

Awe hun dont feel bad about feeling that way as im sure at one time we all have while being on this journey...iv been ttc almost a yr and in that yr so many of my friends and family have gotten pregnant and/or given birth (some without even trying) and even though it sucks you just gotta think "one day that will be me" and you prob wont realise it but someone else will be thinking the same as you are now about you being pregnant, even if its a stranger walking past on the street (i know because I am that person who just stares longingly at pregnant women and women with babies)

We are hear for you hun xxx

Thanks everyone,

Im in love with her already and ive only seen photos, im nervous but excited just keep telling myself one day soon it will be my turn when the times right.

Babybrain ur story nearly made me cry your a very brave lady, i have had a few dark thoughts recently(not just becoz of ttc i have other health probs) but i know that i cant and wudnt really want to do anything about those thoughts tho as i do believe that i will one day become a mum.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back