Had Midwife Appointment & first Antenatal class :)

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hey everyone :wave: :wave: :wave:

Well i have just had my 32 week midwife appointment (a week early as i'm away next week) coupled with my first antenatal class. And it was my first appointment with my new midwife since my move.... and she was fab!!

I felt really at ease with her and everything seems great! Baby is head down :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and measuring 32 weeks but it must either be a big baby for its stage or an immaculate conception because my dates are un-questionable! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Blood pressure and all was fine although she did not do a urine test :think: :think:

Anyway in the antenatal class we got to look around the midwife led unit in the hospital and showed the rooms and water birth facilities we talked about pain relief and the kind of care we can expect to receive etc etc and at the end of it all i decided i think i'm going to go with a water birth at this hospital. I'm a little nervous as it means that if anything goes wrong i will need to be transferred because it cannot perform epidurals or c sections here but i'm going to think positive and hope and pray for a natural delivery and if not just hope the transfer by ambulance goes well :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm so happy though and i cannot believe baby was head down already - I hope he or she stays there!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

LMP

glad you had a good appointment!! :cheer:

i haven't seen the delivery suite at my hospital, it's great that you got the tour and everything seems nice :hug:

Glad to hear your MW is nice and everything went well. I would ensure they take urine sample next time you go though, it should be routine.

Sounds like a good visit, I can wait to find out if my little one is head down. I hope so as I have been using my birth ball every other day :D
Can I ask where do you feel most of your kicks if little one is head down. I feel most of the strong ones and the pushing out types on my right hand where my elbow rests so quite high and little ones down by my left hip also I get the hiccuping feeling in the middle but really low in my pelvis.

I am only asking to try and work out where they are as I dont have my appointment till this time next week. :D

First Baby White said:
Sounds like a good visit, I can wait to find out if my little one is head down. I hope so as I have been using my birth ball every other day :D
Can I ask where do you feel most of your kicks if little one is head down. I feel most of the strong ones and the pushing out types on my right hand where my elbow rests so quite high and little ones down by my left hip also I get the hiccuping feeling in the middle but really low in my pelvis.

I am only asking to try and work out where they are as I dont have my appointment till this time next week. :D

Well i felt for sure my LO would be in transverse or breech position as i've been getting either movements at just above my left hip and my left rib (simultaneously) or visa vera (on my right side simultaneously) but the midwife explaned that LO's head is just above my Pelvic bone and that at that point his/her back was coming up round my right right and its bum was just to the right at the top so the feelings were on my left side because thats were phump is facing and his/her legs must be curled up near my left rib and the sensations by the hip must be punches etc. And the reason i sometime feel it on my right she explained is because staying head down phump is still small enough to flip from one side to another which i definitly think he/she has been doing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: because i think its the quite uncomfortable and big belly altering movements I've been getting sometimes....

Crikey thats a long winded explanation but i hope it makes sense!!!

LMP x

Glad all went well. Souns like my LO and yours are lying in the same position :)

Alex xxx

glad it all went well for you :cheer:
and you enjoyed your anti -natal class and yey to water births im doing the same at my hospital

sarah :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back