Where's my AF??

Emma79

Reaction score
Not really sure if I'm posting this in the right place but didn't seem like it should go in TTC section & am having fertility issues so here's the deal:

Came off the pill (microgynon) in April this year after 10 yrs and had two normal periods in May & June before falling pg. Miscarried naturally at the end of August with bleeding lasting about a week but since then, have had no AF at all :shock: Recently had blood tests, am going back to my GP next week for results (rang to check if they were back & was told by receptionist that they were all 'normal'). Am wondering whether I should ask about going back on the pill, if only for a month or two, to try and provoke my body into a regular cycle again (think I read this somewhere on the forum last week).

Although I did accept that it might take a while for things to settle after the m/c, I didn't think it would take this long. Even when I've looked for info on the net, the general opinion is that going past 12 wks is time to start investigating.

Just wondering if anyone has had/knows someone with similar experience as it's really getting me down. I don't really want to start the pill again, as I just feel like its taking a backward step, but just hate being in limbo like I am at the mo. Feel like a fraud posting in TTC when TBH don't even think I'm oving. Did start charting a few weeks ago but difficult to see a pattern when am not sure where in my cycle I am.

Sorry for the rambly post, I tend to bottle things up for too long & DH isn't much help; he's not as clued up on the female bod as some of you ladies! - any advice would be much appreciated xx

Hey,
I'm afriad I'm not going to be much help but didn't want to just read and not post anything - I thave also heard that going back on the pill can help 'kick start' your cycles but some people have to wait ages after coming off the pill for their first AF so it may not helpp you.

If your bloods are normal then I would suggest you go back to the GP to see if there is any other tests that they suggest or whether they can give you something to help things along.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back