Gutted

MrsR

Reaction score
On Tuesday I rescued a stray cat and she fit right into our family! Arranged for her to go to my vets today for a check up and blood tests for cat viruses. I had noticed the day she arrived that she was very yellow under her fur. So vet commented on the jaundice and tested her for cat flu etc which she was clear if. However vet explained that just investigating the jaundice would cost £400 (ultrasounds, blood tests, etc etc) and because she is so yellow the outcome would most likely be untreatable liver disease and shed have to be put down. Well what with bubs on the way there is no way in he'll we can afford £400 just to be told it's untreatable so made the hard descision that it's best for cat to be put down now whilst she's still happy and well rather than wait for her to deterioate and be in pain. Absolutely gutted!!! I've only had her a couple days but my heart is broken!!!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I'm sure her last days were her happiest x

Awww, I'm so sorry =[ Poor you.

If you do want a cat, maybe get one from the RSPCA or a local rescue center? That way you know it's healthy enough to be re-homed, and you don't have to go through this again x

We weren't really looking for a cat because my cat (and he's definatly MY cat) prefers to be on his own but the cat was so skinny and matted and abandoned I couldn't just leave her on the streets. I'm quite glad I could give her at least a couple days of goodness after however long on the street but I'm still gutted! Got my cat from RSPCA but given the chance I'd do it again. I could never leave any animal to suffer on the street!

I'm the same Helen - our house has been a right magical managerie of various degrees of animals.
Cats, Rats, Chinchillas, Reptiles... All of them sick or not wanted.
I just can't help myself. I'm a big softie. <3

Last edited:
Oh helen, i'm so sorry. She was a lucky cat to have found you and get a few days of happiness and a dignified end xx

Thanks guys! x Heulyn that's exactly what my childhood home was like! Lol! Good job someone cares about them! x Fighting back tears, watching crap tv to distract my mind!

I'm a huge cat lover and no matter how short you have them they are part of your family.Poor kitty x

Ahh thats so sad! Poor you - but at least you found her and helped her to have a peaceful end rather than her suffer :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back