What to do re cat

beanie

Reaction score
I have had my cat for a few years and she is a lovely cat but lately (the last two weeks) she has become really nasty. We have kept one of her kittens from her last litter and they got on fine but she hates him now and hisses at him constantly. She has been spayed since and when she recently had her booster she was in great shape so I don't think there's an underlying health problem. However she has also scratched Seren today (its a tough one as Seren does rag her a bit but the cat really yowled at her). My kids come before my cats, and if they pose any risk to them then they go, simple as but then I know what a lovely cat she is (she is currently snuggled up next to me as I type). Then there is beans, her son, who I suspect is the root of this problem. He has yet to be castrated (we are planning on getting this done after christmas) but he is such a loving little cat, Cally was playing with him for ages this morning and he was fine with her. However he was the "last in" so to speak so he should be the first out.

I am going to ask a vet for advice in the week but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this. I could get rid of beans (which would break my heart) and see if his mum improves after that, but if she doesn't then I have got rid of him for nothing, or I could get rid of her but I would feel bad about that as like I said she is a great cat who grew up with Seren and was always great with her usually.

Do you think that Seren might leave her alone now that the cats took a pop at her? Does Beans wind up the mummy cat and if so maybe the snip might be what he needs. My male cat used to rule the roost with the neutered females. I think once he was neutered he was a bit calmer.

Thats a shame.

Get him spayed then see how he is after that, when they still hve those dangly bits male cats tend to be very hyper disrupting the calm around them, my bro had a ginger tom, who used to wind up the other cat a lot which was a sight as the other is a ragdoll who are normally very relaxed and laid back, now the ginger tom has been renamed ginger nutless and within about a month calmed reigned over the home once again!
I can see your prob, you grow to love the animals almost like they are family and then they go do something like this and its like oooo which has to come first, I say give him a chance and see how it goes!

Beanie I could have written that thread!!

I took in a stray who was pregnant. She had one litter and I re-homed them all beside one sick kitten who we nursed but unfortunately died. She got out once in 12 weeks :shock: and got pregnant again, long story short we kept one of the kittens from the second litter.

This was about 4 years ago and the mother and daugther have never got on. They will eat together but apart from that they cannot be in the same room. They have both be spaded, injections etc.
I actually spoke to a lovely lady on here (so sorry but I can't remeber who :oops: ) and she told me they would probably never get on. Just lately the mum cat has started hissing at Dan..............which I will not tolerate.

I am on the verge of re-homing her :(
My poor kitten (who's not really a kitten at 3 years old!) lives in constant fear. Whenever she comes home she walks through the catflap gingerly waiting to be attacked. Its not fair on her. Also the mum cat has attacked my dog on quite a few occasions wheresas Cheeks (My kitten) has never had any incident with my dog and has never shown any aggression to Dan. But I feel bad 'giving up' on her because on the whole she is lovely sweet cat.

Not sure what to do myself. I'm not much help but wanted you to know you are not alone! :wink: :hug:

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back